Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am close to purchasing the Q50 Premium AWD, but would like to swap the current 17" run-flats for 19" (non) run-flat all season tires. I have read that a few US Q50 owners have done this. Has anyone done this with a Canadian Infiniti dealership? If so, were you able to negotiate a deal with the dealership directly, or, did you purchase your own tires, selling the run-flats back to the dealership, or did you have to sell the stock tires privately, or...? Apparently, from what I have heard, the stock run-flats cannot be sold as new by the dealership, given they have a few kilometers (miles) on them. Is this true? Any advice or feedback based on personal experience would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I can't speak for Canadian policy, but when I ordered my car back in May, the dealer told me he could not swap them out with new tires. Luckily, my trade-in had fairly new Yokohama tires on it, and they were the same size as the Q50's. I tried to get a few of the local tire dealers to take the run flats, but no one would. So, when I got my car in August, we just swapped them out. I'm very glad I did. Good luck with your dealer.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
are you talking about the wheels..? or the tires?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
so you want to know if your dealer will take the stock 17s and give you a set of 19s while taking the price of the 17s off the full price of the 19s

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Vancity, I think he said negotiate.

I haven't seen anyone negotiate a rim swap from the 17" to the 19".
It wouldn't make sense either since 19" rims are an option on a non sport.

And then even a tire change swap seemed to be slim to none.
Maybe this is dealer dependent on how bad they want a persons business?

I think in most cases people just buy new tires and rims and just resell the ones that came with the car as a package on the second hand market.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
If its auto west your talking to, im sure theyll work something out for you. maybe opt for the M37s 20in wheels, I know theyve got a few on display for sale ;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the tip...am speaking with dealership this afternoon. BTW, how do you like your 'Sport' model for city driving? Also, did you opt for RWD for a specific reason? Any specific pros/cons vs AWD? Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quick update...I finally pulled the trigger yesterday and purchased the Q50 S - AWD. As part of my negotiations, the dealership did end up agreeing to a straight swap (no cost to me) for the original run flats with a very decent (Continental) low-profile all-season performance tire. Mounting and balancing on the stock 19" rims also included at no cost. I am happy with this outcome. Am picking up the car tomorrow - looking forward to it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.