Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there have been threads on replacing the run flats. Just wanted to start a thread on what tires were coming standard on which models

I'll start.

Q50S Hybrid AWD comes with Dunlop SP Sport 5000 DSST CTT 245/40R19

SP Sport 5000 DSST CTT Tires | Dunlop Tires

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
The OE tire for the Premium, whether it's a hybrid or not, is the Bridgestone Potenza RE97AS RFT. When my car comes in, the dealer will be swapping them with my Yokohama AVID Envigor A/S tires that I now have on my G. Thank goodness they are the same size - 225/55-17.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And what tires are on those 19" sport wheels?
My goal is to create a list of what tires and wheels are shipping with what cars so that somebody that comes to this site thinking of buying a Q50 will know what to expect when they go to the dealer.

I've been all over Infiniti documentation and they don't list what tires they are using (or I haven't found it yet).

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
My goal is to create a list of what tires and wheels are shipping with what cars so that somebody that comes to this site thinking of buying a Q50 will know what to expect when they go to the dealer.

I've been all over Infiniti documentation and they don't list what tires they are using (or I haven't found it yet).
If you go to Tire Rack, and input the information for Infiniti cars, and then click on View Original Equipment, it will show you what is on the car. I've checked for accuracy, and they seem to be correct. For example, this is what it shows for your car:

Dunlop SP Sport 5000M DSST CTT Ultra High Performance All-Season
Size: P245/40RF19

There is no rating yet on the tire It also lists for $391 - have fun replacing them when the time comes.

This is the URL for all the specifics:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireS...Rating=H&minLoadRating=S&tab=OE&filterType=oe

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you go to Tire Rack, and input the information for Infiniti cars, and then click on View Original Equipment, it will show you what is on the car.
TireRack didn't have that info when I originally checked. Glad it is there now.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I had on my S Hybrid, Dunlop SP Maxx DSST CTT When I looked for them on tire rack they didn't have the 245/40/19's And on Dunlops website, if I remember correctly, had them but the tread pattern was different. These might be Infiniti/Dunlop Q50 developed tires.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had on my S Hybrid, Dunlop SP Maxx DSST CTT When I looked for them on tire rack they didn't have the 245/40/19's And on Dunlops website, if I remember correctly, had them but the tread pattern was different. These might be Infiniti/Dunlop Q50 developed tires.
Interesting. On the Dunlop site, I decided to search for tires by vehicle, and the didn't have anything listed under 2014 for Infiniti.

Gee, maybe we have Dunlop knockoffs...

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
If you peruse the info for the Dunlops, you'll notice that the tires are listed as by special order only. And as they are not yet rated as to mileage, speed and grip, that must mean that they are brand new tires. I would guess that all the info will there in a few months.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
If you peruse the info for the Dunlops, you'll notice that the tires are listed as by special order only. And as they are not yet rated as to mileage, speed and grip, that must mean that they are brand new tires. I would guess that all the info will there in a few months.
Either way, I will be replacing them with a set of Michelins as soon as the wear out.

·
Registered
146 Posts

2014 Infiniti Q50S Hybrid
Graphite Shadow
Graphite Leather with Kacchu Aluminum Interior

sorry, off-topic, was curious how you got the kacchu aluminum interior trim on the hybrid? was yours a special order? i have the same configuration, but mine has the maple and was told the only way to get the aluminum was to special order.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
2014 Infiniti Q50S Hybrid
Graphite Shadow
Graphite Leather with Kacchu Aluminum Interior

sorry, off-topic, was curious how you got the kacchu aluminum interior trim on the hybrid? was yours a special order? i have the same configuration, but mine has the maple and was told the only way to get the aluminum was to special order.
You have maple trim because you have the tech package.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Not trying to beat a dead horse... But my dealer told me the deluxe technology package was standard on all hybrids... Again, unless special ordered.
Whoa, CHANGE DEALERS! That's an out and out lie. There are plenty of members here with a hybrid and no tech package. Go to the build site on Infiniti, configure the car you want, print it out, and then shove it at the dealer as you walk out.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Whoa, CHANGE DEALERS! That's an out and out lie. There are plenty of members here with a hybrid and no tech package. Go to the build site on Infiniti, configure the car you want, print it out, and then shove it at the dealer as you walk out.
Yep, they are definitely available as selzini says. I have a hybrid sport with nav added but no tech package. It has the aluminum interior.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Let me clarify... I wanted the deluxe tech package. This just came up in conversation. We were discussing the car and his comments were that on this first run of cars shipped to the dealers, all the hybrids were coming with the deluxe technology package. If I didn't want that package, I would have to order one because he didn't see any available in his search. It didn't matter to me, but I was torn between the aluminum and maple finishes and the comment was that I'd either have to order or wait awhile until some were configured from the factory that way. I don't think he was lying... He may have not known, but it definitely wasn't something that was a statement to get me to buy the car he had. That's why I asked the original question... Did the buyer order or "build" that car through Infiniti or are they hybrids on the dealer lots today without the deluxe technology package. Just curious.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Let me clarify... I wanted the deluxe tech package. This just came up in conversation. We were discussing the car and his comments were that on this first run of cars shipped to the dealers, all the hybrids were coming with the deluxe technology package. If I didn't want that package, I would have to order one because he didn't see any available in his search. It didn't matter to me, but I was torn between the aluminum and maple finishes and the comment was that I'd either have to order or wait awhile until some were configured from the factory that way. I don't think he was lying... He may have not known, but it definitely wasn't something that was a statement to get me to buy the car he had. That's why I asked the original question... Did the buyer order or "build" that car through Infiniti or are they hybrids on the dealer lots today without the deluxe technology package. Just curious.
We bought our car off the lot. It was the 1st hybrid they received and it did not have the tech package.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.