Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti Q50 Luxe | Obsidian Black
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to replace my Duntrash SP SPORT RF tires. I live in California so it's like 12 months of Summer here. Currently running JB4 Map 2 (18 Luxe) making maybe 350 HP and having hard time gripping the road. Currently eyeing for Yokohama Advan Apex or something in that price range. I daily drive my car to work every day, looking for comfortability, quiet ride with enough grip for JB4 Map 2.

Do I need "All Season" Tires since we don't even have a real "Winter" here in California. Continental DWS 06+ seems to be very popular in our community.

What do you guys currently run and please tell me your suggestions and personal experience. Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm looking to replace my Duntrash SP SPORT RF tires. I live in California so it's like 12 months of Summer here. Currently running JB4 Map 2 (18 Luxe) making maybe 350 HP and having hard time gripping the road. Currently eyeing for Yokohama Advan Apex or something in that price range. I daily drive my car to work every day, looking for comfortability, quiet ride with enough grip for JB4 Map 2.

Do I need "All Season" Tires since we don't even have a real "Winter" here in California. Continental DWS 06+ seems to be very popular in our community.

What do you guys currently run and please tell me your suggestions and personal experience. Thanks!
Well, since I just asked this same question a few days ago I will give you the link to where they transferred mine to Tire Recommendation

·
Registered
952 Posts
Do I need "All Season" Tires since we don't even have a real "Winter" here in California.
You also need to consider rain fall. If you don’t get much rain where you are, summer tires should be a great choice, and Michelin pilots are again one of the best choices in this category. If you do get a fair amount however, I’d still look at all season.

·
Registered
988 Posts
If you live in a area where climate dont matter and its always sunny and warm then no, why get all-seasons? I live in Canada where weather can be sunny, raining and snowing all in 1 day so thats why I opted for all-seasons (also have a dedicated winter set of rims/tires as well) but I no longer winter drive my Infiniti anymore.

Get straight summers. Michelin Pilot Sport 4S , Conti Extremecontact Sport, even budget Firestone FireHawk Indy 500 are good

·
Registered
135 Posts
You also need to consider rain fall. If you don’t get much rain where you are, summer tires should be a great choice, and Michelin pilots are again one of the best choices in this category. If you do get a fair amount however, I’d still look at all season.
I have found that great summer tires are also the best in rain unless it is cold. I don't know if I have seen a comparison of the best all season vs summer tires in warm rain but I think the summer tires will do very well on this comparison.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just replaced Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ with Continental DWS 06+. The Michelins were super comfortable and I would have bought them again if they weren't discontinued even though they lasted only 35k miles. The Continentals so far are noisier and stiffer but I'll get used to them. My car is a '18 RWD Luxe.

·
Registered
5,959 Posts
I just replaced Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ with Continental DWS 06+. The Michelins were super comfortable and I would have bought them again if they weren't discontinued even though they lasted only 35k miles. The Continentals so far are noisier and stiffer but I'll get used to them. My car is a '18 RWD Luxe.
Huh my experience has been the opposite and that the A/S 3+ are the harsher of the two.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Since you dont get snow like here in Detroit the
VENTUS V12 EVO2 K120
from discounttirediect has excellent dry traction but not as durable as other tires

·
Registered
988 Posts
Welcome gjs128. U know you can edit your post and add more info instead of making 3 posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Happy Thanksgiving,

Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,325 Posts
I have found that great summer tires are also the best in rain unless it is cold. I don't know if I have seen a comparison of the best all season vs summer tires in warm rain but I think the summer tires will do very well on this comparison.
This,
Not sure why people always think a summer tire doesn’t perform in the rain. It typically rains year round after all.

Summer vs all season is largely about ideal operating temp of the tire compound. At about 60f+ a comparable summer tire will out perform an AS tire in just about every way (rain included) between about 50-60f they’ll be pretty comparable, below 50f AS will pull ahead, and below 40f a summer tire can be dangerous. If I rarely ever drove below 50f I’d get a summer tire.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This,
Not sure why people always think a summer tire doesn’t perform in the rain. It typically rains year round after all.

Summer vs all season is largely about ideal operating temp of the tire compound. At about 60f+ a comparable summer tire will out perform an AS tire in just about every way (rain included) between about 50-60f they’ll be pretty comparable, below 50f AS will pull ahead, and below 40f a summer tire can be dangerous. If I rarely ever drove below 50f I’d get a summer tire.
I had a set of summer Falken Azenis FK510 before on my Z. It drove pretty well in the rain. Traction was amazing but the ride can be a little bit too harsh and noise was bad. Performance wise, it was really good.

Reactions: 17awdQ50P

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,325 Posts
I had a set of summer Falken Azenis FK510 before on my Z. It drove pretty well in the rain. Traction was amazing but the ride can be a little bit too harsh and noise was bad. Performance wise, it was really good.
You’d need to compare it to its UHP AS counterpart AZENIS FK001. noise/harshness isn’t a trait specific to summer tire, but rather the specific tire.

Reactions: Anthony_Jackson787
1 - 16 of 16 Posts