Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there's recently been lots of construction going around my city (highways, local neighborhoods ect..) everywhere i go, work or school i have to pass by construction. Not only does it get my just washed and waxed car dusty, it leaves tons of rocks and debris on the ground. Now i've noticed since getting the Q50, i hear tons of rocks being whipped at my wheels wells (im assuming its the wheel wells, because i try and keep a long distance between me and the other guy when im going through the construction zones) when i drive over the construction zones, and the sound is super loud and is something i've never experienced in the other vehicles i've driven in the same areas. I slow down when i approach the construction area but if there's debris on the ground, theres rocks being whipped at my car and is a sound that cannot be ignored. Just to make sure im not crazy i took my dad's QX56 out over the same area and it didnt make a sound, and did the same with my mom's Volvo, leading me to think, its the shitty run flats on my Q50. Any other ideas?

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
The run flats have an annoying tendency to announce every little rock pebble or imperfection on the road and amplify it!

Also the space between the wheel well and the tire are so small that the rocks will bounce around in their longer compared to a SUV.

To protect the front of the vehicle from all the construction you might want to look into 3m or xpel film for the front end of the car

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.