Votes: 14 32.6%
  • No

Votes: 29 67.4%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my Q50S a couple days ago and expecting it early next week. I had a G35 before and this question was easy, I debadged it right away. With the Q50 being new and much more luxurious, I was wondering peoples opinions on the old question of whether to remove the Q50S badging or not. I can't decide :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

First of all, what trim did you get? I would start off with the badges on the fenders! That one cleans the car up nicely! For the rear, its all up to you but I took off mine! Just click my build threar on my sig for reference!

Hope that helps! :)

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Ordered my Q50S a couple days ago and expecting it early next week. I had a G35 before and this question was easy, I debadged it right away. With the Q50 being new and much more luxurious, I was wondering peoples opinions on the old question of whether to remove the Q50S badging or not. I can't decide :cool:
I don't get debadging. Looks lame to me.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Not a big fan of the "hybrid" badging on mine, but haven't removed them yet. I prefer everything but manufacturers logo removed.

http://www.autoguide.com/mobile
Remove "Hybrid" badge from fenders and put one on left side of the trunk to balance look as the "Q50S" is on right.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Remove "Hybrid" badge from fenders and put one on left side of the trunk to balance look as the "Q50S" is on right.
That's an idea. Let me look at that. Although, I suspect that once I get it off I'll just want to leave it off. I also have an awd.

I could tack it onto the right side and have Q50SHA, or reverse the order and have SHAQ50. If I remove the Infiniti logo people will be like, wtf is that

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
225 Posts
IMO I prefer the total debadged look. It just looks cleaner and I am not a rolling billboard. (I won't even buy shirts with logos on it) Not to mention I know the model of my car and I don't care if anyone else doesn't know what it is. Also you don't have to wash/claybar/polish/wax around a bunch of letters which can be a PITA. Microfiber/waffle weave towels can get hung-up easy on the lettering and quickly destroy a $10 towel.

I don't think it looks ricey. I have seen it done on 911 Turbos and even Lambo's.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
I ain't debadging a thing. :) Don't see a purpose & if anything they enhance the luxury appeal of the car, IMO.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Anyone have their 3.7 badges from the fenders that they are not using? I'm looking for an extra set if anyone is willing to give them up.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I wouldn't go through the trouble of debadging the car. The only time I think it makes sense is when a car is sold under a different brand in a different country and you want to switch to the foreign badge. I think if you debadge everything it looks like a no name brand car, which is not the look IMO. I would at least leave the model name and manufacturer badges on , and then you could remove the trim level badge and hybrid badge because I will admit that it can get to be a lot of badges on the back of your car.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I think the general principle of debadging should be only on a car by car basis.

Sometimes the logos and badges on some cars become a bit too excessive and depending on the color and the design of the car, careful debadging can really help make your car look nice and clean. However on some cars I've noticed, it may go too far in making the car actually look a little too stale and boring.

Some of those manufacturer emblems and logos can go a long way to tie together the language of the car. So I guess it should be more about how your eye can tell how and when debadging makes sense to your car.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
A bit too much? :p

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Reactions: gbert15

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Reactions: CarolinaQ50
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.