Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...after driving my current car for 15 years. I finally got a new car today. However, it wasn't an Infiniti. After having owned only two cars in my lifetime..both of which were Infiniti it was definitely not an easy decision. I ended up getting a great price on a 2013 Lincoln MKZ. This is one of the cars that I've been looking at for awhile. I've heard some mixed options about the MKZ but I loved it. I like all of the touch sensitive buttons. It dosn't have Pandora but i'll live without it. I can also stream via bluetooth from my phone. It's fully loaded with all of the bells and whistles..blind spot warning, parking assist, remote start, navigation, ambient lighting, illuminated kick plates, driver alert, lane keeping system, heated and cooled seats, satellite radio, etc, etc, etc.

After all of my negotiations..I ended up getting the car for just under invoice with 0% financing for 60 months. The car was also thousands cheaper than the Q50 with tech package plus extra cost for ambient lighting, kick plates, remote start, etc.

The 2013 is exactly the same as the 2014 so I think I got pretty good deal.

I've really enjoyed this forum and it has been very helpful in my decision marking process. I wish everyone the best with their Q50s or whatever you decide to purchase.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Nice choice!

Hey, but where are the photos? :mad: Pics or it didn't happen! ;)

People have been sleeping on the Lincoln MKZ for some reason, but I hear it's actually really a solid choice for $45k loaded. Besides, Lincolns are bulletproof these days. I sat in one at the NAIAS and it's really sharp and well crafted inside and out. I've only seen maybe 2-3 of them in the past year so I'm sure there's an exotic factor to having one!

What engine and drivetrain did you go with?

I'm partial to the MKZ's 3.7L V6 and AWD with Handling Package myself.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Well...after driving my current car for 15 years. I finally got a new car today. However, it wasn't an Infiniti. After having owned only two cars in my lifetime..both of which were Infiniti it was definitely not an easy decision. I ended up getting a great price on a 2013 Lincoln MKZ. This is one of the cars that I've been looking at for awhile. I've heard some mixed options about the MKZ but I loved it. I like all of the touch sensitive buttons. It dosn't have Pandora but i'll live without it. I can also stream via bluetooth from my phone. It's fully loaded with all of the bells and whistles..blind spot warning, parking assist, remote start, navigation, ambient lighting, illuminated kick plates, driver alert, lane keeping system, heated and cooled seats, satellite radio, etc, etc, etc.

After all of my negotiations..I ended up getting the car for just under invoice with 0% financing for 60 months. The car was also thousands cheaper than the Q50 with tech package plus extra cost for ambient lighting, kick plates, remote start, etc.

The 2013 is exactly the same as the 2014 so I think I got pretty good deal.

I've really enjoyed this forum and it has been very helpful in my decision marking process. I wish everyone the best with their Q50s or whatever you decide to purchase.

Congrats and good luck! The MKZ is certainly a clear departure from the old Lincolns of yesteryear.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!

I'll post pics tomorrow. I got in a kind of late and it's raining. Don't want to post pics with my garage junk in the background.

I got the 3.7L V6 with FWD. I don't need AWD around here. I'm not a "sports" driver so that's more than enough for me..and considering what I have been driving it's definitely a step up.

During my 4 hours at the dealer..I saw lots of seniors their test driving and looking at cars. I'm 34 and was definitely the youngest person there. I always think of Lincoln as an old persons car..but I really like it. They have definitely stepped things up a bit.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Thanks guys!

I'll post pics tomorrow. I got in a kind of late and it's raining. Don't want to post pics with my garage junk in the background.

I got the 3.7L V6 with FWD. I don't need AWD around here. I'm not a "sports" driver so that's more than enough for me..and considering what I have been driving it's definitely a step up.

During my 4 hours at the dealer..I saw lots of seniors their test driving and looking at cars. I'm 34 and was definitely the youngest person there. I always think of Lincoln as an old persons car..but I really like it. They have definitely stepped things up a bit.
Congratulations! To be quite honest, I never looked at the MKZ before even on the website. That interior looks quite good, especially with the full glass on the roof. Can't wait to see the pics!

And yeah, Lincoln still hasn't quite caught up with Caddy in the reputation department, but it's getting there. That MKX looks pretty interesting.

P.S. Good to know not all people have as clean garages as Q50Aggie's.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Thanks guys!

I was 23 when I test drove my first two Lincolns. I love them--I used to be enamored by the new MKS. I'm definitely an old soul at heart and I wouldn't mind test driving the new MKZ if I had the chance. :)

It's great to see that Lincoln (and Buick...and Cadillac) are still taking their sweet time getting the attention of younger buyers. It's still quite amazing how slowly perception in cars change.

I mean, it's been almost 5 years since Buick turned things around with the Lacrosse and the Regal and now their new Verano is a hit. Most people are still oblivious. I had a conversation with a 27 year old the other day, still refusing to be seen driving a Buick due to it's "geezer" perception---that is, before I started showing her photos of the new Regal and Verano.

I hope you as a younger buyer will go far in spreading the word about the new Lincoln brand. I really don't want to see it go away. :)

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
I have a confession to make too, albeit with a big crap-eating grin on my face.

After all the delays, updates and debacles, I went to the Lexus dealer and practically stole a 2013 GS 350 F Sport, Obsidian with cabernet leather. I got a few bucks for my 2004 G35 as a capital cost reduction, $2500 Lexus Lease cash and the first month free payment. I walked in with my old G, and drove off with a GS.

I'll keep my eye on Infiniti for the next 36 months because I honestly believe they make excellent cars and the future is exciting, but the Q50 wasn't ready when I was. For weeks I've sat back enviously eyeing Aggie and others picking up their beauties. I started cross-shopping and the GS really left an impression on me.

If anyone wants me to bore them with an option list I am more than happy to post it, the car has everything minus maybe one option. I'll have pics up in the next few days; the ones I have taken so far have been odd angles that didn't really capture it well. Just stuff to SMS to friends and family.

What does this mean for me moderating the forum? Not much. I feel like we have a pretty cool, tight-knit group here and I enjoy hanging out and banning spammers as well as offering my two pesos here and there. Don't expect me to leave. I know SimpsonTide, I am breaking your heart. But you helped me keep an open mind and I believe I made a good choice for me. :D;)

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts

After all the delays, updates and debacles, I went to the Lexus dealer and practically stole a 2013 GS 350 F Sport, Obsidian with cabernet leather. I got a few bucks for my 2004 G35 as a capital cost reduction, $2500 Lexus Lease cash and the first month free payment. I walked in with my old G, and drove off with a GS.

I'll keep my eye on Infiniti for the next 36 months because I honestly believe they make excellent cars and the future is exciting, but the Q50 wasn't ready when I was. For weeks I've sat back enviously eyeing Aggie and others picking up their beauties. I started cross-shopping and the GS really left an impression on me.

If anyone wants me to bore them with an option list I am more than happy to post it, the car has everything minus maybe one option. I'll have pics up in the next few days; the ones I have taken so far have been odd angles that didn't really capture it well. Just stuff to SMS to friends and family.

What does this mean for me moderating the forum? Not much. I feel like we have a pretty cool, tight-knit group here and I enjoy hanging out and banning spammers as well as offering my two pesos here and there. Don't expect me to leave. I know SimpsonTide, I am breaking your heart. But you helped me keep an open mind and I believe I made a good choice for me. :D;)
I called it weeks ago!

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Well and what stinks Aggie is that I can't name mine Raven or Black Stallion. I gotta come up with a good name now. Not easy for black cars!
Post some picture! Also I'm curious what the msrp was and what the selling price, money factor and residual.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I think I'm gonna cry! :eek: :eek: :(

On one hand, I'm sad to see that the Q50 has lost another potential adopter.

On the other hand, I'm great that you've got yourself a fine new ride (and it's about time too!) and it's one that I happily can endorse as being a great car with some really competitive features.

I'm glad it all worked out for you and that I was able to help in any way.

...and, I can't wait to see those photos. I bet the Cabernet interior is quite striking. :)

·
Registered
150 Posts

Congratulations on your new ride.

Reactions: afrosheen

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Congrats to both of you.

Afrosheen- really curious to hear your thought on the GS.

My guess is that if Infinit hadn't blown the release and the in-touch wasn't so buggy you probably would have been in a Q already right? Not to mention the less than stellar dealer interactions for some.

I share that frustration brother! I just wish I could find something that compared in my own mind. The Lexus dealers near us don't work the numbers hard enough (because they don't have to evidently) to justify the GS for me and the infotainment on my wife's RX drives me crazy. However, I think it has one of the nicest interiors out there in this class.

Enjoy your new car and can't wait for the write up. p.s. the mouse is actually pretty cool and I think it works well - it's the rest of the system that bugs me - imbedded menus, scrolling issues for song, artist, etc and things like that. It just feels like it was made by/for programmers not consumers. You may actually dig it though since that's what you do ;)

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Congrats to both of you.

Afrosheen- really curious to hear your thought on the GS.

My guess is that if Infinit hadn't blown the release and the in-touch wasn't so buggy you probably would have been in a Q already right? Not to mention the less than stellar dealer interactions for some.
I almost feel like the dealers got screwed on this one too. I don't think they're intentionally trying to mess with the expectations and the needs of their customers. I think they only do and say what Infiniti tells them sometimes and sometimes that information just isn't accurate. It must be hard playing middle man sometimes.

Anyway, like afrosheen and I have mentioned, I think there's no harm in waiting things out for a new model to get the kinks and bugs out. I hear the new Lexus IS is having similar issues as well.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
I almost feel like the dealers got screwed on this one too. I don't think they're intentionally trying to mess with the expectations and the needs of their customers. I think they only do and say what Infiniti tells them sometimes and sometimes that information just isn't accurate. It must be hard playing middle man sometimes.

Anyway, like afrosheen and I have mentioned, I think there's no harm in waiting things out for a new model to get the kinks and bugs out. I hear the new Lexus IS is having similar issues as well.
I agree but a lot of the dealers haven't been helping with their lack of any communication and poor customer service (a lot - not all).

Instead of hijacking the thread and ranting about the poor experiences many have been having, I will just sum the launch up with a quote from one of my favorite movies.

"It's a scale really, with a perfect mission at one end and a total pooch screw at the other, and we're right about in the middle."

Bonus points if you can identify the movie WITHOUT IMDB or Google help ;)

I'm gonna be honest, this one hit me pretty hard Afrosheen. I'm so on the fence myself. Lots to think about. . .

·
Registered
225 Posts
I would probably be rolling around in a 2014 IS350 F-Sport right now if the local Lexus dealerships (Flow Lexus) showed any interest in me being on their lot. I was serious and ready to play ball and they just fumbled around acting like they were dealing Ferrari's so I waited for the Q50 and glad I did!

Congrats on the MKZ, I have a business associate who just got one and he loves it! Also congrats on the GS350 F-Sport! I drove one about a year ago and it was a really nice car just a little too big for my liking.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I would probably be rolling around in a 2014 IS350 F-Sport right now if the local Lexus dealerships (Flow Lexus) showed any interest in me being on their lot. I was serious and ready to play ball and they just fumbled around acting like they were dealing Ferrari's so I waited for the Q50 and glad I did!
lol, what do you mean?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.