Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The 2019 J.D. Power U.S. Initial Quality Study has been released, giving us a complete rundown of what the highest quality cars are by segment for this year.

Read more >>

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Lot of Kia and Hyundai love right there. 911= best quality car?
I do like the G70 but HATE the grill. Looks like a Chrysler 200/300.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
INFINITI not scoring so well in this IQS....also ranked at the very bottom for brand loyalty.

These should definitely be wake up calls for INFINITI.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Kia went from a joke to a very serious contender. Chevrolet has made incredible strides with quality as discussed in a earlier thread. Infiniti clearly has some issues. Speaking with fellow owners although anecdotal, Infiniti dealerships are a large issue.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Let's post what we think were some of the worst cars lol..

Dodge Neon
K cars all of them
Honorable mention; Spitfire/GT-6

For starters. Lol.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Let's post what we think were some of the worst cars lol..

Dodge Neon
K cars all of them
Honorable mention; Spitfire/GT-6

For starters. Lol.
LOL.

Any Subaru. Maybe the ugliest car line of all time.

I agree Dodge Neon LOL x 10.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Chevy Malibu
Smart Cars
Pontiac Sunfire

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Scion xB - without a doubt.
Fiat 500 - a close second.

·
Premium Member
1,769 Posts
LOL.

Any Subaru. Maybe the ugliest car line of all time.

I agree Dodge Neon LOL x 10.
There are a few Subaru models that I would not call ugly, but they do have more than a few clinkers.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Pontiac Aztek
Cadillac Catera
Cadillac Cimarron
Oldsmobile Trofeo
Chevy Celebrity/Buick Century/Pontiac 6000/Oldsmobile Ciera Sedans & Wagons (Eurosport??? Meh...)
Chevy Sprint
Any Geo branded car - re-badged Chevy or Toyota (Remember the Metro?)
Saturn Ion
BMW X6
Honda Accord Crosstour
Nissan Murano Convertible
Toyota RAV4 (1st gen)
AMC Eagle
AMC Gremlin
AMC Matador (that front end...)

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'll throw in a couple and split them out since "worst" car does not necessarily = "ugly" car and vice-versa.

For ugly: Nissan Juke

For just plain bad: Chevy Cobalt

Does anyone else still have a hard time equating Kia and Hyundai with quality despite the ratings or is it just me being an old fart?

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
The annual study examines problems experienced by original vehicle owners during the first 90 days of ownership, with initial quality measured by the number of problems per 100 vehicles (PP100).
Does this also count reported problems that ended up to be user error/ignorance within the first 3 months?

·
Registered
553 Posts
I'll throw in a couple and split them out since "worst" car does not necessarily = "ugly" car and vice-versa.

For ugly: Nissan Juke

For just plain bad: Chevy Cobalt

Does anyone else still have a hard time equating Kia and Hyundai with quality despite the ratings or is it just me being an old fart?
I agree but you have to hand it to them. Possibly the best turnaround in automotive history.

·
Registered
845 Posts

When my older brother move down South in the 80s, he drove down in a '73 Olds Cutlass, which he sold soon after settling down there, and he bought an '85 Hyundai Elantra. What a POS that car was. Its only remarkable option was a Pioneer AM/FM Cassette radio!!!

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Surprisingly we all seem to be calling a turd a turd.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
When my older brother move down South in the 80s, he drove down in a '73 Olds Cutlass, which he sold soon after settling down there, and he bought an '85 Hyundai Elantra. What a POS that car was. Its only remarkable option was a Pioneer AM/FM Cassette radio!!!
I don't think Hyundai has totally shaken the poor quality persona they had in the past but they've come a long way, there are without a doubt worse
brands to be stuck with.

My mom has a 03 Tiburon and it's never really had any major issues, but she doesn't drive it very far and it has low miles. Still it's only starting to show some rust between panels
around the fender, which I'd consider pretty good for a car that gets washed maybe 3-4 times a year. Hah

1 - 17 of 17 Posts