Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I can't see how it would be bad news. In order to get the IIHS Top Safety Pick+ you have to get acceptable or good ratings on all tests and have front crash prevention technology. 22 vehicles got the award this year.

I like feeling that my car is safe. Makes me much more comfortable while driving.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
This is what I wanted to see!!!

News releases

Q50 Crash Test Video

Vehicle details
Although I am pleased that the Q50 did very well in these tests, I always take any pronouncement by an insurance related organization with a grain of salt. Their interest is in lining their own pockets. I'm more interested in lining mine.

The best vehicle to pass these tests is probably a tank. Although a tank possesses certain advantages in eliminating Left Lane Blockers, I don't want to drive one daily.

IMHO, there is too little testing on Accident Avoidance, in the real world.

Reactions: kosh2248

·
Registered
59 Posts
Not a surprise. G37, TL and S60 were the only 3 luxury cars passing the first small overlap test. These 3 cars were designed long before the new test was announced. That says something.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Has anyone tried to call their insurance to see if the premium could be lowered?
I had a sit-down with my agent a few weeks ago, trying to get a break on the insurance. He even got on the phone with the regional office(State Farm). According to them, since there is not any data on the cars yet, they can't offer better rates yet. IF(and that's a big if) they see a reduction in payments for claims for the cars - maybe in a year? - that could affect the insurance premiums. Let's hope that comes true.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I had a sit-down with my agent a few weeks ago, trying to get a break on the insurance. He even got on the phone with the regional office(State Farm). According to them, since there is not any data on the cars yet, they can't offer better rates yet. IF(and that's a big if) they see a reduction in payments for claims for the cars - maybe in a year? - that could affect the insurance premiums. Let's hope that comes true.
i guess they have to get their own information from the higher up's in the company to green-light it for lower rates

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
That was before IIHS releases their test report.
I think insurance companies based on this. I will try to call next year after new year. I am sure their system is not updated yet but please let us know if someone tries and get discount. It is not much but I think something is better than nothing, right?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.