Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
really stupid question, how do i get the top screen, usually GPS on my car, to show just a clock instead of the GPS

·
Registered
243 Posts
not exactly what you want - but I've found you can turn off both screens by holding MENU or Day/night button (next to Infiniti Controller... some models don't have this but have camera instead) down for 2 seconds. The upper screen will still show a small digital clock display in upper right. (p2-17 Intouch Owner Manual)

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
I'm. It sure if you can do that of you have the nav system.

Right from the manual:

Viewing Analog Clock, Date (models with- out navigation system)

Maybe there's a way with nav but I haven't been able to find it.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
I'm afraid the only way to do that is return the car and buy one w/out nav. Clock app only displays on lower screen.

Or you could ask Flava Flav for one of his clocks and glue that to the screen.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm afraid the only way to do that is return the car and buy one w/out nav. Clock app only displays on lower screen.

Or you could ask Flava Flav for one of his clocks and glue that to the screen.
that could be my next option GPS overrated anyways right ? ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'd like to be able to turn off the top screen completely but that doesn't seem to be an option as far as I can tell.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Bagelboy, read post number two in this thread. Press and hold the brightness control for a few seconds and the top screen should turn off.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bagelboy, read post number two in this thread. Press and hold the brightness control for a few seconds and the top screen should turn off.
It still shows the clock even in display-off mode. Would've been better if they had used an OLED display instead of IPS so you wouldn't have the back light on every pixel even when it's just showing the clock.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
You an turn off the clock if you want. In settings go to clock and turn off on-screen clock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.