Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All, does anyone have any info on programming to push my Q60 2019 past 300 HP?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I did look but kept getting conflicting info. Do you know if any of these are something I can do myself in regards to some programming they would send to me in the mail of purchased?

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Don't bother with the JB1 get a JB4.. I believe one is currently 4 sale on the forum.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Based on the OPs original message, I would strongly recommend the JB1. It’s very easy to plug in and you will really feel a difference.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Don't bother with the JB1 get a JB4.. I believe one is currently 4 sale on the forum.
Absolutely! I went the JB1 route, then did their upgrade to the JB4, added their Bluetooth connect kit and the JB4 smartphone app. Trust me, the advantages of better programming options and data logging that can be done wirelessly from your phone instead of mucking around with a cable and laptop is worth every single penny extra. You don't want to put a boost controller on your car without monitoring what's going on with your engine. If you apply too much boost for the fuel octane you're using, you could damage your engine as some here have done.

If you take your car in for a custom tune, the pro's are looking at logs to dial your tune in without endangering your engine, you should do likewise when using a JB4.

·
Registered
90 Posts
There is no doubt the a JB4 is superior to the JB1 however it is more complex to Install and data logging, adjustable Maps and Bluetooth interface is not for everyone. The JB1 has its place and for the OP it may be the best fit.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
There is no doubt the a JB4 is superior to the JB1 however it is more complex to Install and data logging, adjustable Maps and Bluetooth interface is not for everyone. The JB1 has its place and for the OP it may be the best fit.
If you mean it's more complex because of running the OBDII cable to the OBDII socket inside the vehicle, that's a 5 minute job to pass it through the left front quarter panel instead of the firewall grommet. It's easy and Boost In Motion has a YouTube video showing how to do it.

Simply putting a JB1 boost controller on and setting it at a high boost without knowing how it's affecting the engine isn't a wise thing to do IMHO. If someone puts a JB1 on a RS and sets it to 3 PSI or 5 PSI for a SS and they have access to 93 octane fuel, then that is safe. I've seen others here who put a JB1 in their car, crank the boost beyond safe levels and never consider what that's doing to their engine because they have no idea if the critical engine parameters like AFR and ignition timing are at dangerous levels.

Anyone considering installing either a JB1 or a JB4 should spend some time on BMS's website reading their n54tech forum and learn how their boost controllers work before slapping one on their Q. Their VR30 will thank them for it.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Well said. Historically speaking JB1's go up for sale a lot more than JB4's on the forum. It's not a lot more $ to get the JB4 to start with. Bluetooth and a smartphone make it a more user friendly interface and a lot more flexibility.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts