Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Some punk hit my car and left. SO HEATED! It hasn't even been a week. What are my freakin' options...:mad::mad::mad::crying::crying:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Looks like it went right through the paint on the plastic. You can fill it with touchup and then sand her down and bring it back out with polish, that what i just did on a friends car with a 2 1/2 foot long deep key mark, almost invisible now. or you could have the bumper painted but i wouldnt do that on a brand new car.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll look into that. I've never done body work so i'm a little hesitant on sanding it. What grade sand paper did you use?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
It's not necessary body work, took down the ridge with 1200, then went over it with 1500, shined it back up with 2000 for the 105 to bring it back to a shine

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are some touchup guys who do dealer's used cars that are pretty good with an airbrush. I had him do several of my cars. Came out perfect. White is an easy match, too.
That's an option i'll try if I can't fix it myself.

What struck me a little odd is how thin the paint is. It felt like white out coming off.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
the last scatch that I fixed, if you look on my paint correction thread, was a 2 foot long key mark that went down to the primer. it was airbrushed sanded 3 times then polished, and is now almost invisible

·
Registered
209 Posts
Someone hit my car twice this month. On hit is in the back where someone parked right against my bumper and there is a license plate scratch marks on it with two screw holes, and another one in my front bumper where someone does not know how to park and attached the front bumper

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Going to try to fix this, this weekend. Crossing my fingers as i've not done this before. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Need some expert advice. I've applied the touch-up but i'm having a little trouble getting a thick enough coat so that the black bumper doesn't show through without making the surface all bumpy.

I'm in an endless cycle of sanding and re-applying the touch-up. I sand because it's bumpy, I re-apply because it's too thin.

What do I need to do to get the best results here?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah... I touched mine up but it's just not the same. Not even worthy of posting a pic, lol!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Ouch! But if you are like me, every time you look at it and say OMG, WTF, then go find a professional...save you time and the money spent trying to repair it yourself. Good luck with it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.