Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
That would be preferable if there isn't a reason for the tires and wheels to be where they are currently. There may be an alternate method that doesn't require a registration tool but I'm not aware of one. I'm assuming that you've driven on the wheels/tires in their current location long enough and fast enough for the sensors to register on their own if that was the issue. I'm thinking you have and they still haven't registered themselves.
A local tire shop can probably re-register your TPMS sensors with their tool in 5 minutes. A lot easier than moving all four tires.
Yeah. I think I have driven it enough where it should have been registered already. I'll drive it for a few more days and see what happens.

I'll probably either go to a local tire shop or have my friend re-do it. Its annoying I have to get it re-registered but at the same time - its not annoying because its a simple thing.

Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Keeping with the topic, sorta. I checked my tires yesterday and of course they were low as the weather has turned much cooler. They were all down by 3-4 PSI. I brought them back up to 35 front, 34 rear. As soon as I was done I hopped in the car to go for a short ride to see what the sensors said. To my surprise three of the four popped up within two blocks! The fourth one took the usual amount of time. About a mile and a half. The fourth one was the first one that I filled.
Does adjusting the tire pressures "wake them up" for a short time or something? I found this noteworthy as I have never seen them come up on the display so quickly. BTW, the sensors were spot on.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Keeping with the topic, sorta. I checked my tires yesterday and of course they were low as the weather has turned much cooler. They were all down by 3-4 PSI. I brought them back up to 35 front, 34 rear. As soon as I was done I hopped in the car to go for a short ride to see what the sensors said. To my surprise three of the four popped up within two blocks! The fourth one took the usual amount of time. About a mile and a half. The fourth one was the first one that I filled.
Does adjusting the tire pressures "wake them up" for a short time or something? I found this noteworthy as I have never seen them come up on the display so quickly. BTW, the sensors were spot on.
I never experienced that before but I do notice our Infiniti Q's TPMS takes awhile to pick up the PSI pressures.

It could be a delay in the sensors that caused you to see that spike in PSI numbers.

The TPMS in our Q cars is the strangest TPMS system I ever used. From cars I rented, drove (belong to friends), and previous cars - the TPMS usually shows right away without driving. I think requiring the car to drive a few miles before the car picks up the PSI is not as good as showing right away.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I never experienced that before but I do notice our Infiniti Q's TPMS takes awhile to pick up the PSI pressures.

It could be a delay in the sensors that caused you to see that spike in PSI numbers.

The TPMS in our Q cars is the strangest TPMS system I ever used. From cars I rented, drove (belong to friends), and previous cars - the TPMS usually shows right away without driving. I think requiring the car to drive a few miles before the car picks up the PSI is not as good as showing right away.
It's that way for all the Nissan Infiniti cars that we have / had. Not a big deal IMO.

Reactions: rpiotro

·
Registered
3,343 Posts

My G8 GT took a while. The wife's Merc is the same way. I guess it varies from make to make.

·
Registered
2020 Infiniti Q50S
18 Posts
If you want to see the PSi instantly without having to drive the requisite mileage and for the specific speed it requires to register, just fill the tires with the car running. There are a couple neat features when you fill the tires while the engine is on, first, it honks the horn and blinks the hazards once it senses the tires have been filled to a preset threshold which is the factory recommended 35psi. Second, it shows the tire pressures on all the tires once you hit the 35psi threshold. This is the same for all model years I believe, as my 2015 also did the same thing when filling the tires with the engine on.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts