Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All, my TPMS sensors were reset, after I got new tires mounted. The TPMS light (symbol) is not on but the screen on the gauge cluster says "Tire Pressures appear while driving". I drove the car home and PSI values still did not appear. I figured it may need some time to relearn or reset itself.

I took the car out again today and drove it for a bit and it still has the same notification. So I stopped by another tire shop to double check the tire pressures, and it turned out the tire pressures were different from each other; something like 33psi (FL), 37(FR), 36 (RR) and 33 (RL)

So i had the guy put all the tires at 35PSI. I took the car for a drive after and the notification is still there and does not show any PSI values at all. Again the TPMS light/symbol doesn't flash or come on at all.

Possible that the tire shop didn't reset the TPMS correctly? Does the TPMS system need time to relearn? Or are my sensors not working?

UPDATE: America's Tire reset the TPMS system for me and going 15mph or above the PSI values started showing. The previous tire shop probably didn't reset the system for me. So make sure whatever shop resets the system for you.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,851 Posts
can you please what solution did you have ?
He put his update in bold at the end of the first post. But, in my experience, no tools or special procedure was needed to re-sync my new TPMSs with my car. I'm pretty sure if you buy the correct frequency TPMSs, they will self-learn. Perhaps it's when someone buys the wrong frequency, that the TPMSs need to be synced by a shop.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
3,387 Posts
Perhaps it's when someone buys the wrong frequency, that the TPMSs need to be synced by a shop.
I would expect the wrong frequency to not be able to communicate with the car no matter what you did to them. And to @madintosh the new sensors for my 2018 had to have nothing done to them or the car to get them to work. If I remember old threads about this topic, 2016 and newer are like this.

Reactions: rpiotro

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,851 Posts
I would expect the wrong frequency to not be able to communicate with the car no matter what you did to them. And to @madintosh the new sensors for my 2018 had to have nothing done to them or the car to get them to work. If I remember old threads about this topic, 2016 and newer are like this.
I see. Thanks.

His avatar says he has a 2016 3.7. :oops:

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
I see. Thanks.

His avatar says he has a 2016 3.7. :oops:
I looked at his signature, but not the avatar. My new thing learned today. Thanks.

·
Registered
2016 Q50s 3.7
2 Posts
I need someones help here
Getting a warning despite reading is fine (see picture)
All I did is dismounted wheels and re-installed the same tires in different order.
TPMS units were not touched whatsoever ...
What do you this is the issue and how can I get rid of this warning ?

20200703_154312.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
Interesting. I switched to that screen yesterday while driving (it was over 90 degrees out and I had been driving for awhile) and three tires showed 40 PSI and one 39 PSI. No "Warning" and no red coloring. Mine is a 2018.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Mine have never been touched & the system acts weird.
Sometimes all 4 come up right away while moving. Other days I get the "Tire Pressures appear while driving" msg and they seem to slowly populate the screen (can take miles for all 4 to show).
I have a '19.

My other 2 vehicles (both Dodge's) register within a block or 2 of driving.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,994 Posts
I need someones help here
Getting a warning despite reading is fine (see picture)
All I did is dismounted wheels and re-installed the same tires in different order.
TPMS units were not touched whatsoever ...
What do you this is the issue and how can I get rid of this warning ?

View attachment 93408
I don't suppose you've tried dropping the air pressure down to 35 PSI in one of the tires that are indicating red just to see if that tire will clear it's warning after cycling the ignition and driving for a bit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts