Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright.... so I've searched the interwebs and the forum, but I cannot find a straight answer on this. I will be installing new wheels next week and need to know if I can reset the TPMS myself (tool need or sequence of buttons) or if I need to take it to the dealer or local tire shop to be completed. Thanks in advance.

- Bryan

·
Premium Member
2,621 Posts
Model year of car?

Getting new sensors or reusing old ones?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, all great points that I should have added. 2016 AWD Q50 and I am getting new sensors since the wheels and tires will be arriving mounted and balanced.

·
Premium Member
2,621 Posts
The answer is on this forum...finding it is the issue. I have been searching but there are so damn many threads where we have discussed this topic. I now know why new members reach out with questions instead on spending a week here searching for the answer. I had to do nothing with my new wheels from Tire Rack, but mine is a 2018. The sensors were changed (315mHz versus 433mHz) somewhere around 2016. Someone will chime in I'm sure.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I spent a 20-30 minutes searching, but no luck. Mine are also coming from TireRack, so hopefully mine are good to go as well.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
I simply did an advanced search with the keyword simply TPMS and came up with a ton.

·
Premium Member
2,621 Posts
I simply did an advanced search with the keyword simply TPMS and came up with a ton.
So did I. And it takes a LOT of time to sift through them looking for the answer. I then added a variety of additional words to the search and ended up with 3/4 ton.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Believe me, I’m the kind of person who researches before asking a question and this one that I cannot find a definitive answer to.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks Goldstar38. I'm hopeful that mine will do the same.

·
Registered
Q50S 2015
180 Posts
I had to program my TPMS sensors, a local tire shop can do it in 2mins easy. I bought my own programmer since I have 2 different sets

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good to know as well. I was hoping that I could do it myself. I call around to some local shops for details and pricing. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
2016+ your TPMS will auto-register. No extra steps are necessary. Trust me. You have nothing to lose. Install the new set and drive around for a few miles and see what happens. If they don't auto-register, then go ahead and stop by a Discount Tire or something.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Awesome! Thanks man!

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
2,040 Posts
As long as you buy the correct frequency, they will auto learn. My 2017 with aftermarket $50 ebay sensors auto learned. But somewhere along the way, the frequencies changed so make sure you get the right ones. I can help further if needed (part numbers, frequencies, years, etc.). I'd have to dig a little.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
He isn't buying from Ebay. He said his tires are coming from Tirerack. Tirerack has been reliable in providing the correct sensors for the relevant model year. Both Pillboy and I received the correct setup from Tirerack and they auto-registered.

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
2,040 Posts
He isn't buying from Ebay. He said his tires are coming from Tirerack. Tirerack has been reliable in providing the correct sensors for the relevant model year. Both Pillboy and I received the correct setup from Tirerack and they auto-registered.
I was just trying to make the point that the sensors should auto learn. If my cheap ebay ones can learn, then his should definitely auto learn. Answering his question in post # 1.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts