Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking lately that it would be a blast to take my car to the track for a day. I've done lots of track days in the past on motorcycles, but never in a car. There are plenty of organizations that put these together where you drive in your own car. There's one coming up at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca on Monday, May 19.

Details here: High Performance Driving Schools, Lessons, Driving Experience, HPDE, Professional Driving School

I've never ridden Laguna Seca and would love to take my car through the corkscrew. There's no special prep needed to the car, and I'm pretty sure they'll rent you a helmet if you don't have one. Just show up with a full tank of gas and decent tires, and you're good to go.

If you've never done a track day, you'll have a coach for the first few times around. Once they're comfortable that you're safe, they'll sign you off to ride "solo". See the details for first timers on the web site. There's a good FAQ there too.

High Performance Driving Schools, Lessons, Driving Experience, HPDE, Professional Driving School

I'm not positive yet that I'm going to do this date, but I'm really tempted. If we could get a couple of other members interested, that might tip me over the edge. papadoc, you in?

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
I say do it. I have done over 50 days on the track since 2008 on a variety of motorcycles, and actually will be at Barber April 4/5 on my R1. The track is the one place to push your skill set and really have some fun with your vehicle. I have no desire to race as I get super competitive and already have too much money tied in to too many toys.

Highly suggest it. This pic is my old 04 GSXR 750 from a few years ago, I have a modified 07 R1 I use now on the track

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My track bike was an 04 R6 with track bodywork, GP shifting and Ti exhaust.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.