Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I am looking for your thought on pros and cons of trading in my 2009 G37 and then buying or leasing a Q50.

I drive an average of 20k miles a year. My car has a KBB value of between 14k-16k and I owe 5k on my car. So I should get around 8-9k (hopefully).

I have never lease a vehicle before so my main question - what are the cons of trading in a vehicle (non-leased vehicle) to reduce the cap cost on leasing a new Q50?

Any other thoughts are welcome as well.

Thanks,

Ctate

·
Registered
171 Posts
if you drive an average of 20k miles a year.....leasing is NOT for you.

as far as trading in....you never tell the dealership about the trade before you negotiate the new car. Negotiate first, and then tell them about the car.

third....you dont want to put a lot of money into the cap cost of a lease. God forbid you total the car a week after you get the car....you lost all that money you just paid.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
carz brings up some good considerations (if you drive as much as you say, leasing wouldn't be the best decision). I'll also say, that if you're able, I think you should try and get rid of that $5k that you currently owe--maybe if you can spread it out, maybe you can pay it off by the end of the year.

By that time, you'll get some nice equity in there to boost up your credit and you might be able to get some better deals and possibly some new year end/early year incentives.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.