Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the folks on this forum that are in sales, what's the trade-in value for a 2014 Infiniti Q50S AWD Hybrid - Deluxe Tech + Nav, with 4600 miles..

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Reactions: SimpsonTide985

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually I am... Speaking to a few dealers - it all depends on how much they are willing to give me for it.. If it's less than I owe, not really worth it but maybe close to what I owe..

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Very saddening that Infiniti is slowly damaging their own reputation by releasing unfinished beta-stage products.....

What was once my ultimate favorite car brand.... :(
I think the issue is, that the quality standards between the Hybrid and non-Hybrid Q50's seem to be very different. I may be wrong, but my perception is that those experiencing the most issues are those with the Hybrid model.

From my experience working in the automotive industry, this isn't uncommon. The Hybrid introduces so many more additional components in its manufacturing that it actually lends itself to more potential defects.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
This is really sad to see. But I'd probably do the same if I had the same issues and Infiniti wasn't doing anything to resolve it.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I saw that at least 2 people were able to get Infiniti to buy back the car. So you should try contacting Infiniti consumer affairs.

And pretty smart move to not sell the car privately. Because you don't want to pass on your problems to someone else and have them sue you or go through the same BS you're going through.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I saw that at least 2 people were able to get Infiniti to buy back the car. So you should try contacting Infiniti consumer affairs.

And pretty smart move to not sell the car privately. Because you don't want to pass on your problems to someone else and have them sue you or go through the same BS you're going through.
He// has officially frozen over: I agree with you.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I've reached out to Lexus, BMW and MB. I get a discount off all three from my job so whatever kind of numbers we can work out. At this stage of the game, Infiniti has to earn my business back and it probably won't happen anytime soon.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
You're unlikely to get anything close to what you paid/owe. Figure 10-20% depreciation when you drive over the curb, plus you paid taxes and the governor may be a nice guy, but he's not sending you back your tax $.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think the issue is, that the quality standards between the Hybrid and non-Hybrid Q50's seem to be very different. I may be wrong, but my perception is that those experiencing the most issues are those with the Hybrid model.

From my experience working in the automotive industry, this isn't uncommon. The Hybrid introduces so many more additional components in its manufacturing that it actually lends itself to more potential defects.
Seems logical that the Hybrid would present more issues, but in my case I just haven't had the kinds of problems others are having to deal with. InTouch has worked correctly since the ...0646 update and no DAST steering issues so far. (been as cold as 10 degrees ). Braking is just a little tight until the car warms up - then its fine. My car is a May production vehicle with just under 5K miles.

Next week I go in for the DAST update (software / re-calibration). I'm a little apprehensive since I'm a believer in "if it isn't broken dont fix it". Hopefully all will be fine and perhaps the steering "feel" will be improved as I think someone else may have mentioned.

Orrin

·
Registered
236 Posts
anyone know what the resell value might be? thinking of relocating and cant take the car with me...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.