Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sup yall , i ended up buying a 18 q50s 3.0t from a friend , he had blown the differential doing donuts , today i replaced the differential and now the car drives forward under its own power. The issue i am having is with the trans , if i drive it in Manuel the car drives fine , the issue is when i put it in "D" or just drive , the trans feels like it struggles to get into first , but thats only when i start from a dead stop , if i am on the freeway and put it into drive it drives fine and it feels normal , i did read the codes on the car , and no permanent codes showed up , i cleared them without writing them down on accident so i cant provide those at the moment. Would anyone be able to at least get me pointed at the right direction as to what it could be , i understand not having the codes is dumb but the alternator belt ripped on the test drive lol so i gotta get that fixed before i put more miles into the car to get the codes to pop up again.

·
Premium Member
'17 SS
564 Posts
sup yall , i ended up buying a 18 q50s 3.0t from a friend , he had blown the differential doing donuts , today i replaced the differential and now the car drives forward under its own power. The issue i am having is with the trans , if i drive it in Manuel the car drives fine , the issue is when i put it in "D" or just drive , the trans feels like it struggles to get into first , but thats only when i start from a dead stop , if i am on the freeway and put it into drive it drives fine and it feels normal , i did read the codes on the car , and no permanent codes showed up , i cleared them without writing them down on accident so i cant provide those at the moment. Would anyone be able to at least get me pointed at the right direction as to what it could be , i understand not having the codes is dumb but the alternator belt ripped on the test drive lol so i gotta get that fixed before i put more miles into the car to get the codes to pop up again.
I believe there is a way to reset the trans for it to do a relearn. Maybe someone more knowledgeable could get in on this?

Reactions: Total Fluffinez

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,333 Posts
I believe there is a way to reset the trans for it to do a relearn. Maybe someone more knowledgeable could get in on this?
Without DTCs, I couldn't begin to say. I doubt this is a reset/relearn issue, especially since your friend blew the differential doing donuts.

Reactions: Batell and rpiotro

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
4,275 Posts
Hope you got a really good deal.

Your life will be better if you ditch this "friend" who is a total effin' idiot.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Without DTCs, I couldn't begin to say. I doubt this is a reset/relearn issue, especially since your friend blew the differential doing donuts.
Are you insinuating that his friend's driving habits may be the reason for the transmission issue?

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,333 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,275 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Donuts are no way to go fast. Going fast is all that matters. Racecar.

Reactions: Batell

·
Premium Member
4,275 Posts

Reactions: Total Fluffinez

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thats what i thought as well , but i did fix that serpantine belt , so the car is running already ima get those codes to pop up again tomorrow , ill keep ya updated

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hope you got a really good deal.

Your life will be better if you ditch this "friend" who is a total effin' idiot.
[/QUOTEyeah if i part it out ill make all my money back and i got the diff for 100$ lol , so if i cant figure out the trans issue out ill just do that

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
update time yall , ran my scanner again and the car throws no codes , ive put 200 miles on the car already , some things i forgot to mention was that the car did sit for like 1 year before i got around to fixing it just because i was busy with other projects lol , i will be doing a trans flush and check the trans fluid to see how it looks. Honestly im not too sure whats wrong with it since it shifts fine in M mode but none the less , thats the basic situation i am running into , i will keep updating yall with whatever i find

1 - 13 of 13 Posts