Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Local Nissan dealer helping with the transmission maintenance. Master technician did recommend if you drive your car hard to do a full drain every 30k.
Bottle Liquid Bottle cap Fluid Solution
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle

Vehicle Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Gas Machine

Tire Car Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle registration plate

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Wheel Automotive design

Light Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Gadget

Font Rectangle Parallel Number Paper

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,646 Posts
How many Benjamins did the full fluid flush cost?

Reactions: Abstract rude

·
Registered
St. Louis, MO
949 Posts
I thought "Flush" was a No-No? Thought it was drain and fill - 3 x for complete or as some have adopted 1 x periodically to keep it fresh over time?

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,858 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
How many quarts to do this drain and fill? I see 11. Is that correct?
Actually 12 quarts for a complete flush and the tech added a BG kit flush to make sure all the old oil was flushed out.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
How many Benjamins did the full fluid flush cost?
As a former Nissan corporate employee I get a discount at every Nissan and Infiniti dealership. I luck out and do not pay full price. Labor was $50, $25 BG kit charge and another $84 (12 quarts of transmission fluid). View attachment 105051

Total was $160.
Handwriting Font Tree Paper Document

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
15,858 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Master tech mentioned doing the 3x drain and fill does not completely circulate the old oil out. His thought is that there is always going to be some old oil left behind and mixing in with the new oil. He recommends a complete flush. The machine is cycling the current oil into the machine and its coming out black and once the oil is captured the 12 quarts are being pumped into the transmission. Current oil going in is vibrant red. If you drive your vehicle hard he recommends to change it every 30k. As any technician will tell you, doing the maintenance will prolong the life of your vehicle.

Maintenance records will also help your case when a warranty is declined. I started my Nissan career in the call center and I declined people all the time for lack of maintenance records or could not prove maintenance.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
So, your Q has a CVT?
Nope, Nissan dealer does not have full access to Infiniti database. So they put down CVT since that is the default code in their DMS system.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone for the Blackstone oil analysis info. I will be submitting my first sample for analysis sometime this month.
Household hardware Finger Thumb Wood Gas

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Actually 12 quarts for a complete flush and the tech added an addictive to make sure all the old oil was flushed out.
As a former Nissan corporate employee I get a discount at every Nissan and Infiniti dealership. I luck out and do not pay full price. Labor was $50, $25 addictive charge and another $84 (12 quarts of transmission fluid). View attachment 105051

Total was $160. View attachment 105054
Addictive?! Nice - I'd probably want some of that.

Btw, that gauge reading appears to be the same for both used and new oil. Am i reading that correctly?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Addictive?! Nice - I'd probably want some of that.

Btw, that gauge reading appears to be the same for both used and new oil. Am i reading that correctly?
Sorry for misspelling that word. You are reading that correctly.

Reactions: q50adix

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nope, Nissan dealer does not have full access to Infiniti database. So they put down CVT since that is the default code in their DMS system.
DMS= Dealer Management System

·
Premium Member
3,902 Posts
I managed to book with a different infinity dealer that no longer has sales they only have service and they will do a full transmission flush on Friday and I'll be at 34000 miles

·
Registered
540 Posts
Damn 160 actually isn't that bad I been doing the drain and fill every so often

·
Registered
2016 Q50 Red Sport
247 Posts
Damn 160 actually isn't that bad I been doing the drain and fill every so often
No kidding, I was quoted somewhere in the neighborhood of $700 and I said screw that!

·
Registered
St. Louis, MO
949 Posts
He did supply the fluid which would have been about $150 roughly. Still combined a good price!

·
Premium Member
3,902 Posts
I dropped off my car today. quoted just shy of $500.

They will change my motor oil to 5w30 as well.

AND, they are willing to inspect the turbos unlike the other dealer who was telling me they cant get to them.

Yes, I know it can be done before. I just couldnt get them to do it.

Side note...this is a "new" Infiniti dealer on Stevens Creek in San Jose.

They have sales, service and parts

Infiniti wanted to have a dealer on Stevens Creek.

For any local guys, this may be a better option than San Jose Infiniti on Tully.

·
Premium Member
3,902 Posts
they only did a drain and fill good for 5 quarts. better than nothing.

I may just do a drain and fill every 15,000 miles...same as diffs.

good news is that they did not see any problems with my turbo seals...not surprised as I have had no warning signs. I just wanted peace of mind.

on factory tune. I removed the ams flash a month ago as my mpg was down to 15.5 from 18.5 with same driving.

·
Premium Member
3,902 Posts
slight glitch yesterday.

the transmission felt like it slipped from a stand still.

it did this two separate times.

try as I might, I have not been able to replicate it from a stand still or while moving...partial or full throttle or manual mode.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts