Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to plasti dip the rear diffuser. Came out looking good, BUT i couldnt get the line to look straight when i peeled the tape off. I removed it all

Attachments

·
Registered
478 Posts
You need to use frog tape and make sure it is strait before you plasti dip it. It looks good, you just need to fix the line :p

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
If you can peel it off after application, it will never stick permanently. Have it painted professionally.....or not at all. Seems like a cheap*** approach to customizing a $50,000 car.
Why cant he do it? Lots of other guys do that! The price of the car doesnt mean anything! He can have it done just so its nothing permanent! Especially if its a lease! It could just be to tide him over till an actual rear diffuser comes!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
If you can peel it off after application, it will never stick permanently. Have it painted professionally.....or not at all. Seems like a cheap*** approach to customizing a $50,000 car.
its plastidip, you can use it for lolz just to see what its going to look like.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: jpra923

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have a lot of experience with plasti dip. I echo Vancity, mask well with a continuous piece, then pull the tape right after applying the last coat of dip. It liquifies the layers and the tape will pull clean while wet. Do not pull when dry. There are other ways to clean up a line once the tape is up, search on the dipyourcar forums.

Reactions: Vancity808

·
Registered
573 Posts
People have dipped quarter million dollar cars, it is a cheap approach, but very effective when done correctly. There is no harm in practicing either. Dip will last years without peeling, or can peel off in a flash if needed. I admit it can't match a perfectly applied paint job, but neither can you change your mind easily with paint.

I say dip away if tastefully done.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Plasti dip done correctly does not look cheap. Plus it is easily removed when you get tired of the look. It's meant to be peeled off and stays put with the right amount of coats applied.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
What the heck...its only a $44,000 car....let's just rice it up a bit!!!
I'm just saying, $6,000 is a lot of money to add to an inherently $40k car. :)

What the price of a car means is all relative--as others pointed out, in this particular case, the Plasti dipping application is either right or wrong. Doesn't matter what car it is you put it on..

..and doing so hardly qualifies for "ricing" at this point, especially since black diffusers is a rather common characteristic of many sports cars.

I can see that being the case if he was adding 22" wheels and dropping the car on the tires and adding underbody spoilers on all sides... :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.