Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, im trying to decide how to mount my air tank to maximize trunk space, im thinking of putting it on the rear parcel shelf but wondering how you guys drain it as the drain hole will be facing up and how often?
Or has anyone shortened the mounts to make it sit lower?
thanks in advance

sorry if this should be in another section of the forum

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Air tank?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I wondered the same. Its mentioned as if this is a common thing. Nitrous?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Adjustable bags?

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
10,332 Posts
Air suspension I would wager.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I mounted mine under the shelf so it's off the trunk floor but still in the trunk. I don't drain my tank often - I just trust the water separators to do their job I guess. It only takes 15 minutes to remove the tank though when I decide to drain it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah air suspension,

I mounted mine under the shelf so it's off the trunk floor but still in the trunk. I don't drain my tank often - I just trust the water separators to do their job I guess. It only takes 15 minutes to remove the tank though when I decide to drain it.
any pics mate?

Will it not fit under the mat in the spare tire well?
no i dont have a spare tire well

·
Registered
13 Posts
any pics mate?
trunk1.jpg trunk2.jpg

A few different angles, somewhat stealth I suppose but I did have plans to make a cover of some type to have it completely hidden.

I didn't use the spare tire well as I have a spare tire that I'd prefer to keep, you're also limited on tank size using the well. There's some room below the trunk mat towards the back seat where a tank might fit if you can find the right size. There's a newer company called Squaretank that has 3 and 5 gallon tanks, but if they made a 4 gallon tank that slotted in the middle of those two dimension-wise, it'd fit perfectly in that area, just protruding a couple inches above the mat. You could then do a false floor in that section and it'd be fairly stealthy.

You can see more pictures of my setup here - http://instagr.am/p/B7tnqaSptfh/

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
View attachment 97527 View attachment 97528

A few different angles, somewhat stealth I suppose but I did have plans to make a cover of some type to have it completely hidden.

I didn't use the spare tire well as I have a spare tire that I'd prefer to keep, you're also limited on tank size using the well. There's some room below the trunk mat towards the back seat where a tank might fit if you can find the right size. There's a newer company called Squaretank that has 3 and 5 gallon tanks, but if they made a 4 gallon tank that slotted in the middle of those two dimension-wise, it'd fit perfectly in that area, just protruding a couple inches above the mat. You could then do a false floor in that section and it'd be fairly stealthy.

You can see more pictures of my setup here - http://instagr.am/p/B7tnqaSptfh/
yeah that's what I'm going for! what mounts did you use?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I used these with large band clamps, with rubber strips around the tank under the clamps so as not to be metal to metal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts