Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up guys?.. So I accidentally backed into a wall at idle speed and put a baseball sized dimple into the passenger side of my rear bumper. Was wondering if we have a vendor that supplies pre-painted OEM parts for our cars.

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
Pre-painted OEM parts? Few and far between for something like a bumper they usually come primed and ready for paint.

That said if its your rear-bumper so long as its not a gouge the bumper itself is plastic and you can probably just pull the dimple out of the bumper with some hot water and
a plunger or by pressing on it from behind. If you post a picture of it we could at least make heads or tails of the damage.

But failing that a body/paint shop can probably fill/blend the area for a few hundred bucks.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey! Was in a hurry when I created this post. I have a guy I've been using for years and he said it would be a better quality repair and cheaper to do with a new bumper cover. I'm going to purchase one and have it shipped to him. Then he'll paint and ship to me. Here's a couple pics 👍
Vehicle Car White Automotive tire Hood

Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
6,513 Posts
Hmmm it looks like it caused a crease on one of the edges and maybe has a very fine crack. Agree with your buddy new bumper and paint, would take too much time
in a shop to repair and touch up the paint,

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
If you push the dent out with that crease, you’re probably gonna lose paint, and yeah, it’ll take more work than it’s worth to smooth that crease back out and repaint the bumper. I’m with your buddy and Big Head on this.

·
Registered
32 Posts
thats an easy fix

you can prob hit it with a heat gun a bit to soften it & use a smooth cloth with someething hard /flat behind it to smooth it out

or pull the bumper off & do it from the back & front

I wouldnt buy a new bumper just for that (but I also just fixed a huge as crack in my front, fixed my rock chips & filled the license plate holes, then primed & painted it )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts