Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan to get a Q50. However, dealer is 40 miles away. Nissan dealer is 5 miles away. I confirmed with the Nissan dealer that they will perform regular maintenance on the Infiniti, but warranty work or recalls need to be done by the Infiniti dealer. So my question is this - do any of you see a problem with Nissan performing regular maintenance on the Infiniti?

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I plan to get a Q50. However, dealer is 40 miles away. Nissan dealer is 5 miles away. I confirmed with the Nissan dealer that they will perform regular maintenance on the Infiniti, but warranty work or recalls need to be done by the Infiniti dealer. So my question is this - do any of you see a problem with Nissan performing regular maintenance on the Infiniti?
nope, parts are interchangeabale and most Infiniti parts for maintenance will say NISSAN. Besides Nissan is licensed mechanic shop like any other independent registered auto shop.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I'm in the same spot. The distances are almost exactly the same for me and I plan on doing the routine stuff with Nissan.

I just did the same type of arrangement with Lexus / Toyota having owned a IS350 but having Toyota service it. It was painless.

Plus the costs are less

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Hmmmm...would they be able to honor the free 2yr maintenance service given by infiniti? If so, that wouldbe cool instead of having to go to my infiniti dealer since I have a nissan dealer located just a few blockw from my place!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've thought of this too (Nissan dealers very close to my normal stomping grounds - Infiniti is 20 miles further away). But what about the loaner car issue? IF you could get a loaner from the Nissan dealer, it is not going to be an Infiniti loaner.

Reactions: chicagokevo

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
I've thought of this too (Nissan dealers very close to my normal stomping grounds - Infiniti is 20 miles further away). But what about the loaner car issue? IF you could get a loaner from the Nissan dealer, it is not going to be an Infiniti loaner.
Exactly. When you take your car to Nissan, you get Nissan service. There's a premium experience at the Infiniti service centers. Although, the qualifications of the techs are equal.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
309 Posts
Exactly. When you take your car to Nissan, you get Nissan service. There's a premium experience at the Infiniti service centers. Although, the qualifications of the techs are equal.
Very true.

A lot of the Infiniti training carries over to the Nissan guys. As far as changing oil and filling tires...yeah they can handle that. I doubt they would be able to perform any software updates (especially anything inTouch related), since the setup for Nissan and Infiniti diagnostic computers are not easily changeable to the other brand.

As for loaners I do not think they typically have as many as an Infiniti dealer typically does, and most of them do not give cars for short maintenance functions. Also I doubt they will be able to honor maintenance contracts from a specific dealer, but I could be wrong.

It's still better than some of the drive through options.

·
Registered
32 Posts
In Toronto and area's, Nissan and Infiniti dealers usually use the same complex. Some share showroom floors while other's do not. One similarity is that they have one service area.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Hmmmm...would they be able to honor the free 2yr maintenance service given by infiniti?
No.

I'd trust them for routine maintenance. Of course you won't get the good coffee, nice loaner cars and comfy customer lounge we offer.

·
Registered
171 Posts
i used to take my G to nissan all the time for oil changes. They can even do warranty work provided you let them know ahead of time so the can get the proper equipment.

as far as honoring the maintenance program, im not sure....your best bet would be to call and ask

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.