Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have 2019 Q50s red sport 400 i recently added ams down piping ams cold air intake and heat exchanger and HKS cat back exhaust and dyno tune the problem the ecu keep rejecting the dyno tune
When I drive 40 miles an hour and try to bring it 60 or 70 miles an hour after applying gradually acceleration the car does not do anything it seems like it losses throttle i have accelerate the gas paddle all the way in order to speed up the car it doesn’t speed on partially acceleration the guy from the auto shop has done different software file already but no luck finally he did the stock tune the problem is fixed no issues but it doesn’t drive fast enough
Any one can help on this would be appreciated

·
Registered
724 Posts
Who dyno tuned your car? Did you get a refund from your tuner?

Reactions: Call4God

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Almost sounds like it is in Valet mode.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Need more information Bob.

·
Premium Member
1,884 Posts
The ECU does not reject the tune.

If the ECU was successfully flashed, then the tune is on there. If it was not flashed, then there is no tune.

I get scared when I see folks with a severe lack of knowledge adding parts, getting tuned and not knowing what is going on.

1st. Log what is going on and look at those logs. If you dont understand theblogs, do a lot of reading about tuning and logging and disciphering the results.

2nd. Contact the shop/tuner. If the tuner works at the shop, even better. Now you have a single stop.

3rd. Do your homework before adding any other parts or mods. Choose wisely.

Sorry for the rant.

·
Registered
96 Posts
If your tuner said the car "rejected the tune", get a refund and a better tuner. There are some fantastic e-tuners out there you should check out.

·
Registered
334 Posts
If the ECU was successfully flashed, then the tune is on there. If it was not flashed, then there is no tune.
Not to be argumentative but to spread more information: I had one time where the EcuTek software said the flash was applied successfully but errors quickly arose. After lots of troubleshooting and working hand-in-hand with a master tech at my local dealership, we found that not all blocks were successfully programmed, and the best guess we have is that the voltage of the battery dropped during the process (the voltage from the battery was below 14.0 when he checked, and this is after it had been running for about an hour). We attached a battery tender, reflashed, and the car has been fine since.

A long-winded way of saying, I have seen some odd results from EcuTek and even encountered a serious bug in the past--always have the battery on a battery tender or trickle charger when flashing.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Not to be argumentative but to spread more information: I had one time where the EcuTek software said the flash was applied successfully but errors quickly arose. After lots of troubleshooting and working hand-in-hand with a master tech at my local dealership, we found that not all blocks were successfully programmed, and the best guess we have is that the voltage of the battery dropped during the process (the voltage from the battery was below 14.0 when he checked, and this is after it had been running for about an hour). We attached a battery tender, reflashed, and the car has been fine since.

A long-winded way of saying, I have seen some odd results from EcuTek and even encountered a serious bug in the past--always have the battery on a battery tender or trickle charger when flashing.
I had this happen to me, the car re-started with a christmas tree dashboard and the ecutek log recorded the errors (IIRC fastflash succeeded, but full flash failed maybe?). Regardless, I couldn't see any tuner worth his salt sending the customer home with a half-flashed tune.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts