Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2018 Q50S AND THE CAR WAS HIT FROM THE REAR .....CAR IS ALL FIXED NOW BUT I HEAR WHAT SOUNDS LIKE A EXHAUST NOISE FROM THE RIGHT SIDE . HAD THE INSURANCE REPLACE THE EXHAUST ( Y PIPE ) BACK . COULD THE IMPACT FROM THE REAR CAUSE THE RIGHT SIDE TURBO TO MESS UP . I HEARD THE NOISE THE DAY I DROVE THE CAR HOME FROM THE BODY SHOP . ( LIKE A HISSING NOISE WHEN I ACCELERATE) THANKS FOR ANY HELP

Registered
Just a FYI all caps is considered yelling or for emphasis.

If you got hit in the rear, yes it is possible that the secondary cats and primary cats were damaged. A leak SOMEPLACE 馃槈 is very probable.

It may be simple like a sheared or loose bolt, or much more damage. Working your way forward inspect for a leak at every point. Even a hanger could have ripped a hole in the piping.

If somebody "Vapes" the "smoke" can be useful in locating a leak.

Hope this helps and welcome to the forum! cut n paste for any new folks
Snip:
Please go to "User CP" and update your location. Also, you can add your signature with your car info. This way the forum members can make better suggestions to any questions you may have. Just a suggestion.

Welcome to the forum!

Registered
If your looking for a leak in the exhaust get a bottle of soapy water, raise the car up and it and spray around the exhaust then start the car up. Bubbles will form if their is a leak.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for the caps .I'm taking the car to the dealer to have it checked again . Thanks for the info . i was told it was just the rear tires breaking loose ... from the dealer last time .

Registered
Sorry for the caps .I'm taking the car to the dealer to have it checked again . Thanks for the info . i was told it was just the rear tires breaking loose ... from the dealer last time .
馃槀馃ぃdealerships 馃ぃ馃槀
Smoke for big leaks, soapy water for small leaks. If it's loud enough to hear from inside the car while driving it's probably not a small leak in a gasket.
Also hand(s) covering the end of your exhaust is a trued n true exhaust leak test.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts