Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q50 Luxe 3.0t
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am in the market to upgrade my Turbos, however I am only seeing RT and Pure, is there any other format or brand to use without custom fabricating for drop in options that anyone knows of? Goal is around 750 whp for a solid daily Q50. Any notes is much appreciated didn't see it in the search query.

Thank you!

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,171 Posts
Not yet.
ams supposedly on special order but not much information
And
dropbear in the works

Reactions: YourLocalLeaf

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am in the market to upgrade my Turbos, however I am only seeing RT and Pure, is there any other format or brand to use without custom fabricating for drop in options that anyone knows of? Goal is around 750 whp for a solid daily Q50. Any notes is much appreciated didn't see it in the search query.

Thank you!
Pure stage 2 will get you to 750 whp but I wouldn’t run that on stock rods/piston or tranny

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,171 Posts
Pure stage 2 will get you to 750 whp but I wouldn’t run that on stock rods/piston or tranny
You have a dyno? Don’t think I’ve seen over 650 max.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You have a dyno? Don’t think I’ve seen over 650 max.
Yea on racebox Instagram, they have made 700whp atleast twice on pure stg2 with stock block and made 764/666 with pure stg2 with built motor. Obviously requires all fueling mods and 3 inch exhaust all the way through but definitely doable for the pures.

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,171 Posts
Yea on racebox Instagram, they have made 700whp atleast twice on pure stg2 with stock block and made 764/666 with pure stg2 with built motor. Obviously requires all fueling mods and 3 inch exhaust all the way through but definitely doable for the pures.
Wow just saw it. Thats crazy how much the Pure 2s can be pushed.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 Luxe 3.0t
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow that is crazy, I have seen full E85 640 whp, I would be content with 700 whp I plan on this being my daily above that on the street its a little to squirrely. If the Pure turbos can hit that on a built block which isn't really a problem other then just getting the parts I would be more than happy. I didn't think they could handle above 650 whp at most.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Wow that is crazy, I have seen full E85 640 whp, I would be content with 700 whp I plan on this being my daily above that on the street its a little to squirrely. If the Pure turbos can hit that on a built block which isn't really a problem other then just getting the parts I would be more than happy. I didn't think they could handle above 650 whp at most.
yea man, I didn’t want to build my block and the I ordered the pure stg1 they make around ~630-650 if you don’t plan on building the motor the big thing is to ask your tuner to keep your torque under 550. If you build it obviously shouldn’t be an issue but the pures stg2 I’m confident max out around 800whp

·
Registered
331 Posts
There are shops that are building cars with the Garrett G25-550 snails using DropBear's manifold to turbo adapter. Look up ZillaFullBoost on YT. These are good for 1,000 HP or more with proper mods.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts