Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please see signature for details on car. I am experiencing a whining noise between 3500 and 4000 rpm's. It does not seem to be effecting performance however just slightly annoying. Belt is fine btw. I know it's not effecting performance because my boost numbers are constant on my screen. Since I have a tune should I go get this looked at? Anyone having similar issues? Thank you.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oil level is fine. Change every 5,000 miles. Running a conservative tune. Plus 3 to 4 boost max.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I would take that in to the dealer. My car developed a similar noise at a similar RPM and I ended up with both Turbos having to be replace under warranty. I also did not notice any degraded performance, but I wonder if a more catastrophic failure would occur at some point if ignored. Good luck!

·
Registered
69 Posts
i think i have the same, similar noise/sound. imma try to throw the gopro in the engine somewhere to capture the sound (tried with phone, unable to hear).

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
imma try?

·
Registered
493 Posts
I think I have the same thing going on, kind of a tea-kettle sound if my throttle is open past 50% and I'm in 4th gear or higher. I'm kind of nervous to bring it into the dealership and they confirm my turbos are shot but I will

1 - 9 of 9 Posts