Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
11,327 Posts
P2563 - Turbocharger boost control position sensor A circuit range/performance

There is an issue with the electronic wastegate control actuator on the passenger side turbo.

The ECM detects the following status when ECM operates the fully closed position learning of a wastegate control valve immediately after engine cold start: A voltage signal transmitted from the wastegate control valve position sensor (bank 1) is higher than 1.95 V, or lower than 0.60 V.

This DTC is indicating that the EWG control actuator output is out of spec going to the ECM. This could mean a faulty EWG control actuator, no power is being supplied to the actuator or there is a continuity issue in the wiring between the ECM and the actuator. The fact that the turbos have been replaced would lead me to suspect the wiring over a faulty actuator.

I would inspect the wiring and check for voltage and continuity between the ECM and the actuator. Hopefully it's a wiring issue as the EWG actuator is not replaceable. The turbocharger assembly will need to be replaced instead. Perhaps you got a faulty turbocharger assembly when upgrading? Was the DTC thrown right after the turbo upgrade or did it occur after driving for a while?

Reactions: IridiumRS400

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,622 Posts
Oh, noooooo <in my Mr. Bill voice>

🤞 it's not the turbo. Make sure if there is a wire connector it's clicked together.

After my bumper was replaced one of the sonar wiring connectors was not "clicked" closed, just press fit causing a fault. "Click it", fixed it. Lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

There is an issue with the electronic wastegate control actuator on the passenger side turbo.

The ECM detects the following status when ECM operates the fully closed position learning of a wastegate control valve immediately after engine cold start: A voltage signal transmitted from the wastegate control valve position sensor (bank 1) is higher than 1.95 V, or lower than 0.60 V.

This DTC is indicating that the EWG control actuator output is out of spec going to the ECM. This could mean a faulty EWG control actuator, no power is being supplied to the actuator or there is a continuity issue in the wiring between the ECM and the actuator. The fact that the turbos have been replaced would lead me to suspect the wiring over a faulty actuator.

I would inspect the wiring and check for voltage and continuity between the ECM and the actuator. Hopefully it's a wiring issue as the EWG actuator is not replaceable. The turbocharger assembly will need to be replaced instead. Perhaps you got a faulty turbocharger assembly when upgrading? Was the DTC thrown right after the turbo upgrade or did it occur after driving for a while?

thank you for this it helps, going to pull it apart tomorrow and see what I can see. The code was thrown after driving for a day and a half. Then I parked it and it threw it after my cold start. I cleared it. Ran fine parked it again. And it threw the code once more That same day. But it’s been 2 days with no code now.

·
Registered
16 q50 AWD premium
10 Posts
I know this is an old tread but having the same issue and the same code p0046 with a p2563. Car will go in to limp mode when car isn't up to temp all the way . But will clear after turning car off and back on and I can drive . Mines happen more so after a dp install . There's no wires down there that I could have hit ? Pretty tight area but any suggestions ? And safe to drive until I figure it out?.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts