Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to talk myself out of lowering the car on RSR downs or Tanabe NF210s. I photochopped it and it didn't help at all.

I've had lowered cars and they scrape and they hit curbs and the girl is gonna scrape on **** but damn...

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Go with coil overs or don’t do it at all! You’ll regret it if you go cheap

Reactions: Salty79

·
Registered
66 Posts
I agree with what he said. Go straight to coilovers. Learn from my mistake. My shocks went bad and started leaking at like 35k. Wasn’t a bad leak but the drive was terrible A lot of bumpsteer. Way better after the coilovers.

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti Q50 RWD
33 Posts
Get fully adjustable coilovers, you can slam it on its nuts if you want, then if you want it higher, just raise it up. Too high? Lower it back down. You’ll be happier in coils than springs. What they said, it’ll blow your shocks and you’ll end up buying the coils at that point. Save the time and extra wasted money and go straight to coils.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,595 Posts
I am trying to talk myself out of lowering the car on RSR downs or Tanabe NF210s. I photochopped it and it didn't help at all.

I've had lowered cars and they scrape and they hit curbs and the girl is gonna scrape on **** but damn...

View attachment 105562

Top pic looks fine to me! Nice rims!

·
Registered
2016 Hybrid 3.5 SportTech RWD
1,185 Posts
Top pic looks fine to me! Nice rims!
Ditto!

I had those mud guards on all four corners too and at least got rid off of the front ones – imho they destroy the line, and often they touch the ground on different occasions...

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Registered
Gulfport, Mississippi
219 Posts
I agree with the 'as-is' crowd and also if you do lower it go with full coilovers and don't go as low as the second pic. Leave at least a finger width gap. But as is, your car looks really good with those wheels...makes me want to get some for myself. I'd add a front lip, but that's just me.

·
Registered
St. Louis, MO
665 Posts
Lower it - Parking Stops are the biggest problem - once you get used to it you will remember to pull up short into the parking spots Your photo shop pic looks like it pulled the body backward just a bit so the wheels are not centered. Still looks great, but will look even better when its done for real on the car.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Lol don't do it!
Do it on the new Z or something

·
Registered
203 Posts
Looks good either way. I wanna lower but don’t wanna lose DDS.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I am lowered less than an 1" on coilovers and I am glad I did not go any lower. I went to get my winter wheels put on today and I barely made it into the location from the street (went slow and at an angle) without scraping. Any lower and I would run into several places that would be painful to visit. Just getting rid of half of the wheelgap is a huge improvement.
Car Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am lowered less than an 1" on coilovers and I am glad I did not go any lower. I went to get my winter wheels put on today and I barely made it into the location from the street (went slow and at an angle) without scraping. Any lower and I would run into several places that would be painful to visit. Just getting rid of half of the wheelgap is a huge improvement. View attachment 105567
Looks amazing. Ideally, I would only drop about 0.5" in front and about .25" in back. I don't even really want 1", even though exactly like you said, half of wheelgap is perfect target.

Y'all really helped me and backed me off the ledge. The Q50 is a placeholder until year 2-3 of the 400Z production, so I'm going to leave the suspension alone.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
The Q50 is a placeholder until year 2-3 of the 400Z production, so I'm going to leave the suspension alone.
Oh yeah, that being the case, focus on mods that will transfer over!

·
Registered
St. Louis, MO
665 Posts
You know you could have that lowered look for cheap and no mods. I have been running spring clamps on all 4 corners for 6 months now with no issues. I have them cranked down about a full inch. The car rides firmer because less spring travel, but it is smooth and no noise whatsoever. For 1/2 inch and 1/4 inch you probably wouldn't even have to trim off the bolts. If you don't like it you can just zip them back off.

Now let the torching begin!

• Haha
Reactions: ptatohed

·
Registered
Spartanburg, SC 2016 RS Q50
615 Posts
Not sure I'd agree with buying coilovers if you icky want to lower 1" or less. If you want to go lower than that or have some flexibility to adjust and try different heights then coilovers are a no brainer.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
14,702 Posts
Looks like the work of an HOA from hell.

Reactions: Q50Wolf
1 - 20 of 40 Posts