Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,426 Posts
Not sure I'd agree with buying coilovers if you icky want to lower 1" or less. If you want to go lower than that or have some flexibility to adjust and try different heights then coilovers are a no brainer.
Agreed. Have put springs on 4 cars, all around 1” drop. Zero have/had issues with blown shocks/struts, NVH, sacrificing ride quality etc… all of them gained slight handling benefits from lower COG and slight stiffer springs. All 4 however had all the necessary parts installed for front/rear camber/toe adjustments and a custom alignment immediately after I installed. So i’m sure that helps as well.

Reactions: SocaliridiumQ50RS

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,595 Posts
Looks like the work of an HOA from hell.
I think it is photoshopped but, if it were real, that would be the work of a vigilante home owner. No speeding on my street!

·
Registered
2019 Q50s AWD: Graphite Shadow (Invidia CBE, aFe filters) 2015 Q40 (Stock Daily)
63 Posts
I installed the RSR Downs and while the ride/handling isn't bad, the cost was great (I installed myself) I am now kicking myself for not getting coilovers. I want the rear a tad lower and the handing could be a bit better. I know I will eventually buy and install coilovers.

·
Registered
2016 Q50 Redsport 400 RWD
202 Posts
Drop the car an inch all around and just take a couple extra seconds going over speedbumps and you will be fine. However if you have a front lip thats a different story

·
Registered
2015 Q50 Premium AWD
9 Posts
I ended up going with EIBACH performance springs. whatever you go with definitely get it done!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am trying to talk myself out of lowering the car on RSR downs or Tanabe NF210s. I photochopped it and it didn't help at all.

I've had lowered cars and they scrape and they hit curbs and the girl is gonna scrape on **** but damn...

View attachment 105562
Go with coilovers instead man, but don’t get rev9 yes they cheap but this is the 3rd front bushing I’ve had to replace. That’s what I get for trying to save money

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
14,673 Posts
Save up and buy coilovers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am trying to talk myself out of lowering the car on RSR downs or Tanabe NF210s. I photochopped it and it didn't help at all.

I've had lowered cars and they scrape and they hit curbs and the girl is gonna scrape on **** but damn...

View attachment 105562
I went RSR Downs on my Q50 and my shocks are just fine. Just depends on how you drive and where you live. I’m in Phx,Az so the roads aren’t bad.

·
Registered
2015 Q50S Hybrid AWD
14 Posts

View attachment 105562
As you’re aware, lose all driveability, you’ll, bump, scrape, etc.. Harshness without improvement in any meaning ful way beyond your perception of “looks”. I’ve never seen a lowered car that didn’t look somewhat “doo-she”. There’s a reason you don’t see cars from Ferrari, Porsche, BMW, etc. (or Infiniti for that matter) lowered from the factory - not even as a costly option, and what manufacturer doesn’t want to make money? If you lower an inch, perhaps you’ll get some handling benefits and marginally reduced drag without significant ride degradation but it’ll cost a lot and for little visual improvement. I’d invest the money elsewhere but it’s not my car, it’s yours.

·
Registered
89 Posts
As you’re aware, lose all driveability, you’ll, bump, scrape, etc.. Harshness without improvement in any meaning ful way beyond your perception of “looks”. I’ve never seen a lowered car that didn’t look somewhat “doo-she”. There’s a reason you don’t see cars from Ferrari, Porsche, BMW, etc. (or Infiniti for that matter) lowered from the factory - not even as a costly option, and what manufacturer doesn’t want to make money? If you lower an inch, perhaps you’ll get some handling benefits and marginally reduced drag without significant ride degradation but it’ll cost a lot and for little visual improvement. I’d invest the money elsewhere but it’s not my car, it’s yours.
Meh I have RSR lowering springs and the ride isn't any more harsh than it was with the factory sport suspension. Then again, I live in a warm climate state where road conditions are more favorable than places where roads are battered and decimated by the cold. If I lived in a place with rough roads, then I would be driving a truck or SUV with fat sidewalls anyway. Car is lowered an inch, but hardly slammed to the ground, so I don't scrape anywhere. I'd say the stance looks just right and not "douchey" at all, but I will concede that extreme wheel-tuck levels of lowering can be described that way.

Reactions: 17awdQ50P

·
Registered
2016 Q50 Redsport 400 RWD
202 Posts
Meh I have RSR lowering springs and the ride isn't any more harsh than it was with the factory sport suspension. Then again, I live in a warm climate state where road conditions are more favorable than places where roads are battered and decimated by the cold. If I lived in a place with rough roads, then I would be driving a truck or SUV with fat sidewalls anyway. Car is lowered an inch, but hardly slammed to the ground, so I don't scrape anywhere. I'd say the stance looks just right and not "douchey" at all, but I will concede that extreme wheel-tuck levels of lowering can be described that way.
This 100%

Reactions: 17awdQ50P

·
Registered
2016 Hybrid 3.5 SportTech RWD
1,177 Posts
There’s a reason you don’t see cars from Ferrari, Porsche, BMW, etc. (or Infiniti for that matter) lowered from the factory - not even as a costly option, and what manufacturer doesn’t want to make money?
Porsche i.e. offers the PASM sports suspension for the 911 with ten millimeters lowering as an option.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts