Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’ve experienced the same exact thing while driving with just the windows down. I reached down towards the gas pedal and felt an exposed metal piece next to my right foot towards the center of the car and it was hot to the touch.
Just drove for 30ish minutes, and I found the spot you are talking about. It has a black metal painted cover in mine, but there is some exposed silver metal and it actually burned me it was so hot! Wonder if it's part of the drivetrain?

I'll paste a picture I took for others to see the spot. Also, not sure what to do about the rust forming down there :oops:

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
9,365 Posts
Just drove for 30ish minutes, and I found the spot you are talking about. It has a black metal painted cover in mine, but there is some exposed silver metal and it actually burned me it was so hot! Wonder if it's part of the drivetrain?

I'll paste a picture I took for others to see the spot. Also, not sure what to do about the rust forming down there :oops:

View attachment 95838
Drivetrain? Try the heater core inlet and outlet pipes instead. The black piece is the heater pipe cover. I have no doubt the silver piping is hot to the touch. That's probably why the cover is there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Did you drive in your friends 2016 Q50? I feel like radiating heat from the engine could be interpreted very differently from person to person! But that's wild about shins tingling from heat, I have not had mine get that hot before! I got a bit of driving to do today running some errands so I will report back with some testing.
no I haven’t driven his, but I was in the passenger seat and I didn’t feel heat radiating (mine radiates heat on driver & passenger). and as a matter of fact, my Infiniti dealer gave me another Q50 to drive meanwhile they were taking a look at mine, and I didn’t feel heat radiating on the one they let me borrow

·
Registered
13 Posts
Drivetrain? Try the heater core inlet and outlet pipes instead. The black piece is the heater pipe cover. I have no doubt the silver piping is hot to the touch. That's probably why the cover is there.
Oh yeah duh, good call. Well for me that has to be the source of passive radiating heat, I guess I know I have a strong heater core for this upcoming winter!

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
9,365 Posts
Oh yeah duh, good call. Well for me that has to be the source of passive radiating heat, I guess I know I have a strong heater core for this upcoming winter!
Now you know where to place a foil-wrapped food item if you want to heat it up.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Reactions: Avedis53

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Now you know where to place a foil-wrapped food item if you want to heat it up.
I put mine on the exhaust manifold. Much quicker.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts