Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't participated in this forum over the last couple of weeks, mostly because I finally received my pre-order Q50 and have been out enjoying it! Truly, inTouch issues aside the car is a true pleasure to drive. This is my 3rd G / Q, having owned the 2007 G35x Sedan, 2010 G37x Coupe and now the 2014 Q50S. This is by far the best ride of them all.

So, the title of the email. What's it all about. For those of us that shared with each other the frustrations of the pre-order process and the poor communications and slow delivery of our cars, I've just tied up the final loose end with Infiniti Consumer Affairs and only await the inTouch update.

In regard to the pre-order bonus of a $350 Apple Gift Card or iTunes Gift Card, Consumer Affairs confirmed for me that the 3rd party marketing firm's requirement was that the pre-order process started with the Infiniti website - not the dealer. Why would those of us with an Infiniti dealer relationship go to the website to begin with. Apparently, dealers did not know this and the website either didn't tell the consumers or did not make it apparent enough. My dealer is making this right however, and is purchasing the Gift Card for me directly. In the interim, I've informed Consumer Affairs (if they didn't know already) that this is not an isolated incident. They indicated there is an investigation underway.

During the last few months there was discussion in these forums about the handling of the purchase experience surveys. I asked Consumer Affairs who is responsible for all of the stumblings through the entire pre-order and delivery process; the lack of understanding as to how the bonus program worked, the delays in the deliver and prioritization of delivery of the pre-orders, the hold up of pre-orders at the ports awaiting software updates, delays in the software updates, etc. Consumer Affairs, without hesitation said they they are responsible for all of this and that the dealer was at a loss as much as their customers were. With this in mind, I will not reflect my experience of these above items when rating the dealer on the handling of these activities since corporate is owning up to the responsibility.

As to the software update we are all waiting for, I asked Consumer Affairs what they know. They indicated that they usually have a Friday weekly meeting with engineering. However, engineering cancelled this past Friday's meeting. What he is aware of however, is that the software update development is done and is going through a thorough testing. He did state that the software update will require a dealer visit due to the size of the update and duration to complete (1 - 1 1/2 hours). He would not guess as to dates as they have not had an update in the past week.

The morale of this story is to continue persuing if you haven't received what you have coming to you. Get Infiniti Consumer Affairs engaged as they are your advocate. They can be engaged by calling them directly or posting your concern through Infiniti's facebook site. A number of us have had good responses through FB.

I hope this info is useful to someone else. If not, apologies for the 3 minutes you took to read this! ;)

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I haven't participated in this forum over the last couple of weeks, mostly because I finally received my pre-order Q50 and have been out enjoying it! Truly, inTouch issues aside the car is a true pleasure to drive. This is my 3rd G / Q, having owned the 2007 G35x Sedan, 2010 G37x Coupe and now the 2014 Q50S. This is by far the best ride of them all.

So, the title of the email. What's it all about. For those of us that shared with each other the frustrations of the pre-order process and the poor communications and slow delivery of our cars, I've just tied up the final loose end with Infiniti Consumer Affairs and only await the inTouch update.

In regard to the pre-order bonus of a $350 Apple Gift Card or iTunes Gift Card, Consumer Affairs confirmed for me that the 3rd party marketing firm's requirement was that the pre-order process started with the Infiniti website - not the dealer. Why would those of us with an Infiniti dealer relationship go to the website to begin with. Apparently, dealers did not know this and the website either didn't tell the consumers or did not make it apparent enough. My dealer is making this right however, and is purchasing the Gift Card for me directly. In the interim, I've informed Consumer Affairs (if they didn't know already) that this is not an isolated incident. They indicated there is an investigation underway.

During the last few months there was discussion in these forums about the handling of the purchase experience surveys. I asked Consumer Affairs who is responsible for all of the stumblings through the entire pre-order and delivery process; the lack of understanding as to how the bonus program worked, the delays in the deliver and prioritization of delivery of the pre-orders, the hold up of pre-orders at the ports awaiting software updates, delays in the software updates, etc. Consumer Affairs, without hesitation said they they are responsible for all of this and that the dealer was at a loss as much as their customers were. With this in mind, I will not reflect my experience of these above items when rating the dealer on the handling of these activities since corporate is owning up to the responsibility.

As to the software update we are all waiting for, I asked Consumer Affairs what they know. They indicated that they usually have a Friday weekly meeting with engineering. However, engineering cancelled this past Friday's meeting. What he is aware of however, is that the software update development is done and is going through a thorough testing. He did state that the software update will require a dealer visit due to the size of the update and duration to complete (1 - 1 1/2 hours). He would not guess as to dates as they have not had an update in the past week.

The morale of this story is to continue persuing if you haven't received what you have coming to you. Get Infiniti Consumer Affairs engaged as they are your advocate. They can be engaged by calling them directly or posting your concern through Infiniti's facebook site. A number of us have had good responses through FB.

I hope this info is useful to someone else. If not, apologies for the 3 minutes you took to read this! ;)
I only have to disagree with you on one point. It was very apparent on the "Build It" site, that the car had to be pre-ordered before July 1st, in order to qualify for the Gift Card. Those who have been here since May, know the trouble I had with trying to get the customer I.D. number, though I went through the Build It process twice. The ironic thing is that, just for the heck of it, I went through the process a third time, on July 1st, and THEN got a return e-mail, but it was too late to qualify for the gift card. If it hadn't been for the GM of the dealership, I'm sure I would still be waiting for the card. So, you're right, the massive screw-ups lay at the feet of Infiniti Corporate, whether the mess was because of them directly, or because of a contracted third party. I hope Infiniti understands that many customers are STILL customers BECAUSE of their dealers. This is my 6th Infiniti, bought from three different dealers, and feel very fortunate that all three had been excellent in customer service.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I only have to disagree with you on one point. It was very apparent on the "Build It" site, that the car had to be pre-ordered before July 1st, in order to qualify for the Gift Card. Those who have been here since May, know the trouble I had with trying to get the customer I.D. number, though I went through the Build It process twice. The ironic thing is that, just for the heck of it, I went through the process a third time, on July 1st, and THEN got a return e-mail, but it was too late to qualify for the gift card. If it hadn't been for the GM of the dealership, I'm sure I would still be waiting for the card. So, you're right, the massive screw-ups lay at the feet of Infiniti Corporate, whether the mess was because of them directly, or because of a contracted third party. I hope Infiniti understands that many customers are STILL customers BECAUSE of their dealers. This is my 6th Infiniti, bought from three different dealers, and feel very fortunate that all three had been excellent in customer service.
I'm not sure what you are disagreeing with. There was no indication that the pre-order process needed to be initiated via the website versus directly with a dealer in order to qualify for the spiff of an Apple gift card. I know it had to be done by a certain date. I ordered mine on the second day they were taking pre-orders. The issue is that by placing the pre-order directly with the dealer and not via the website the pre-order doesn't qualify. The dealer didn't know this nor did the website indicate this. The dealer wasn't even aware that they needed to push me back to the website until a series of activities between them, the marketing department at corporate and the involvement of Consumer Affairs. I'm not sure why this would have been a requirement to begin with as a customer who has an established relationship with a dealer would automatically go to the dealer - as I did.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm currently working with CA to get my 2yr/20000 mile pre-paid maintenance bumped up to 4 or 5 years (if there is such a thing) and/or have them pay for an aftermarket addition of the welcome lighting package. We'll see what they come up with.

Reactions: Rayz

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'm currently working with CA to get my 2yr/20000 mile pre-paid maintenance bumped up to 4 or 5 years (if there is such a thing) and/or have them pay for an aftermarket addition of the welcome lighting package. We'll see what they come up with.
Good luck, hopefully you get it, then we can use it as ammo to get it or something close enough if we run into a problem as bad as this one :D

·
Registered
146 Posts
Sorry, I've missed the issues you've experienced. What exactly happened in your situation that you are requesting this restitution?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
does the apple gift card / itunes voucher apply to canadians as well ?

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
SteinyD: At the Build It site, there was a link(which opened up a new tab), that explained the rules for the gift card. Luckily, I printed out the text, and showed it to the GM of the dealership when I went in to order the car. You're right that the dealers weren't aware of the promotion, which shows how a lot of this mess happened. The GM made a copy of what I had printed out, and kept it in my order folder. I would post that text here if I could, but I ditched it when things were finally straightened out and I got the card - sorry. It sounds like your dealership is doing the right thing for you. They obviously realize that a happy customer is what keeps them in business.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.