Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

Updating inTouch Software

13K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  SdeGat 
#1 ·
Just bought a 2015 Q50S, and I am having a weird issue with my iPod Classic. When I plug it in the car recognizes it, but it plays music back at quadruple speed. If I reset the iPod it will play normally until i restart the car. This same iPod was used in my previous car with no issues. Based on what I am reading there are some issues with iPod and the inTouch software. The System Version from the App Garage is currently 2.3.7.1537. I have pictures of all the software info from the Diag menu. I don't know what is important and what isn't.

I'm looking to see if I should contact an Infiniti dealership to see if there is an update available for my vehicle?
Also does anyone know what the latest version of inTouch is available?

#2 ·
Just bought a 2015 Q50S, and I am having a weird issue with my iPod Classic. When I plug it in the car recognizes it, but it plays music back at quadruple speed. If I reset the iPod it will play normally until i restart the car. This same iPod was used in my previous car with no issues. Based on what I am reading there are some issues with iPod and the inTouch software. The System Version from the App Garage is currently 2.3.7.1537. I have pictures of all the software info from the Diag menu. I don't know what is important and what isn't.

I'm looking to see if I should contact an Infiniti dealership to see if there is an update available for my vehicle?
Also does anyone know what the latest version of inTouch is available?
Good questions. I too would like to know.

#3 ·
Whatever it is, I can't wait for it to finally come out of beta. :)

#4 ·
That thread is a few months old now but I have the same question. Can the software in our cars be updated? I asked my dealer but they thought I was talking about the maps. :rolleyes: Infiniti Canada is usually pretty bad as well.:( Would someone know or even better have done it?

#5 ·
What makes you think your InTouch software needs to be updated?

Reactions: rpiotro
#8 ·
Oh, sorry, I wasn’t too sure what you were getting at with that answer.
Not having problems as such other than not having the ability to reply to SMS messages (even though it is in the manual :confused:).
I was wondering about updates to get new features (like Acura does :)), better app speed and maybe more control over some of the apps (like choosing the default apps or having the ability to display a clock by default). That kind of stuff.

#9 ·
Not being able to reply to SMS messages is an iOS limitation. Something to do with security of which I am a little fuzzy on the details. Probably will never happen.
You can set up a DND auto reply on your phone but I think you knew that.

#11 ·
I know its an old thread, but I recently had a problem between my Android phone with the InTouch in my QX60. Was told by Infinti that 2020 and back is not upgradable, but the 2021+ can receive over the air updates. He said this was across all their models.

#15 ·
I have to say Infiniti service/support is pretty lousy in Canada. ☹ I raised a few issues with the head office and they were pretty clueless. I was expecting a much better level of customer support from Infiniti. It’s too bad because the products are generally quite good... 💁‍♂️

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.