Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"R/T Tuning is proud to offer upgraded stock location replacement turbos for the Infiniti VR30 motor. These upgraded turbos still retain the stock housings which will allow you to use your existing exhaust and intake configuration. These turbos flow about 30% more without sacrificing spool response with their custom machined billet wheels. These turbos are initially being offered at $2,200 for the pair. They also require $1,000 core charge that you will receive back as long as your OEM turbos are in reusable condition. These turbos are available for both red Sport and non red sport models. The red sport turbos still retain the OEM functionality of the turbo speed sensor. The dyno graph in the images is a vehicle dyno tuned at19lbs with stock downpipes comparing the stock turbos(Red Line) to the upgraded turbos(Blue Line). We will be releasing Dyno numbers with a vehicle with full downpipes shortly. Please contact RT Tuning sales department if you're interested in more information."

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,409 Posts
Oh baby!!!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Jeez, that's across the entire powerband. Gotta love those billet wheels.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Do we have a link to this press release or product page?

A cursory search doesn't turn it up for me.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The question is can you r&r the turbos without dropping the engine/subframe.

Attachments

Reactions: BigHeadClan

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
According to the service manual, you can.

FB, that's why I didn't find it.

WTH wouldn't they put this on their website under "News"?

Ehhh, oh well.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
According to the service manual, you can.

FB, that's why I didn't find it.

WTH wouldn't they put this on their website under "News"?

Ehhh, oh well.
I went straight to the website and was also surprised to not find it there. But they don't even list parts for sale, so.......? Maybe just waiting to do the testing on full exhaust before they put it in their news?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
R/T Tuning's response to the question of if you need to drop the engine to change the turbos:

"on AWD 100% yes...on RWD...you could try not too...lol"

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
@Bullitt You said you were all in. Please let us know once you have these installed. Before Thanksgiving would be great. :p

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
TURBOCHARGER
Removal and Installation
REMOVAL
1. Using the heated oxygen sensor wrench [SST: KV10117100 (J-3647-A)], remove air fuel ratio sensor 1.
2. Remove exhaust temperature sensor.
3. Remove heat insulator (upper).
4. Remove catalyst converter. Refer to EM-227, "Removal and Installation".
5. Remove water tube.
6. Remove oil return pipe.
7. Remove oil feed tube.
8. Remove turbocharger speed sensor.
9. Loosen turbocharger assembly mounting nuts in the order from
4 to 1 as shown in the figure.
NOTE:
Disregard No.5 and No.6 when loosening.
10. Remove turbocharger assembly.
11. Remove heat insulator (lower).
12. Remove gasket.
10char

Reactions: Mercennarius

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
2.0T AWD is the only one that says "remove engine assembly"

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well obviously R/T has been working on this and they are saying it needs dropped. Dunno.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 RS400 RWD
43 Posts
This is exciting. Can't wait to see these getting installed and tuned.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So they are saying 15hrs labor (second hand info). So you gotta figure close to $5k if you can't do the labor yourself.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Meanwhile in AMS camp, only the coolant reservoir tank was released the other day :D

Reactions: Miataracer

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Meanwhile in AMS camp, only the coolant reservoir tank was released the other day :D
They are busy working on their 3” CBE, which alone might be good for a little power. But paired with these turbos? We could be on the verge of 500whp without the HPFP upgrade on 93.

They’re also working on full DPs, but obviously that’s less of a big deal with other options already available.

Reactions: q50adix

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
They are busy working on their 3” CBE, which alone might be good for a little power. But paired with these turbos? We could be on the verge of 500whp without the HPFP upgrade on 93.

They’re also working on full DPs, but obviously that’s less of a big deal with other options already available.

Looks like they're a little behind on their Alpha project. Many owners already have CBE and I'm a little surprised R/T edged them out in releasing an aftermarket turbo - possibly AMS still ironing out some kinks or have some other priorities at this time. Anyways, I'm sure whatever they're working on, we'll see a sub 10sec run for their Red Alpha as a result.

I'm holding off for the FI CBE until november and see if there's any better options (mod for the money) out there.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I'm a little surprised R/T edged them out in releasing an aftermarket turbo - possibly AMS still ironing out some kinks or have some other priorities at this time.
When I asked about it in passing, I was told AMS is working a complete turbo kit rather than a compressor or component upgrade. Additionally, AMS seems to take their time with releasing products, especially in comparison to other shops.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm a little surprised R/T edged them out in releasing an aftermarket turbo - possibly AMS still ironing out some kinks or have some other priorities at this time. Anyways, I'm sure whatever they're working on, we'll see a sub 10sec run for their Red Alpha as a result.
Well these turbos are essentially just modified stock turbos, a great bolt on solution for those wanting over 500whp. If the turbos AMS plans to release are the ones on their project car, then they will be significant step up. They made 804WHP with the turbos on their Red Alpha project car, those turbos are probably entirely new units.

Reactions: q50adix
1 - 20 of 255 Posts