Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

181 - 200 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I chose to not go E85. Only readily available pump gas. So IF I go any further, bigger turbos are next. The #'s are very attractive. Power all the way accross the power and torque curves with a lot on the upper end. No falling off like our very efficient little turbos.
May not fall off, but it will be more laggy at the bottom end. It's a trade-off for more boost past 5k rpm.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,421 Posts
The dyno I saw had nothing under stock anywhere in the RPM range even at the lower RPM. After the announcement I'll look again. They may have new dyno's to look at. I suspect they will be different.

More will be revealed.

Reactions: jodedor

·
Registered
175 Posts
Tbh, If this set up can make 600 whp on 93, they must have some big turbos to get there.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I chose to not go E85. Only readily available pump gas. So IF I go any further, bigger turbos are next. The #'s are very attractive. Power all the way accross the power and torque curves with a lot on the upper end. No falling off like our very efficient little turbos.
John R/T tuning has upgraded turbos thatbwill get you a very impressive power curve on 93 pump. The question is does that need the AMS HPFP to get there.

When I spoke to AMS way back 600hp was max on 93 pump. To get higher E85 or race fuel will be needed.

Reactions: BigHeadClan

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,421 Posts
Time will tell. It sounded encouraging. Apparantly, at the wheels, getting with their turbos, injectors, tune, and pumps, with 93 pump fuel.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I agree, with bigger turbos 600whp is pretty **** good on 93.
I’m on e85 now but I can always revert back to 93 with a push of a button since I have the flex kit, so those turbos are really attractive for the extra power regardless of the set up. I would assume I can probably go past 600whp on the e85 set up although I wouldn’t feel comfortable at this point with stock engine and trans

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,421 Posts
I think grenading the tranny at the >600 HP is probably an issue. Don't know if a level 10 upgrade does anything to strengthen it, just better shifting. I have not called to talk to them yet. It's on my to do list.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
4,421 Posts

·
Registered
2,806 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I called level 10 a while back. Nice people they will build it to keep up with whatever power you need is what they told me. Trans seemed reasonably priced 5k and built up to 1000hp.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Thanks for all this good info guys. My plan is to get the bigger turbos and keep the tune at around 600 whp. I think the trans and engine should hold ok if I’m not completely wreckless with the car.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I am interested in seeing how that goes. I’m not ultimately convinced the trans will hold and I’m not sure anyone’s tested the block past E85 and the stock turbos or revamped R/T Tuning turbos and E85. The most I’ve seen on both is around 550rwhp. Might as well break it before you replace it at least for the trans lol.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I don’t plan on breaking anything lol

Besides, there is another car ahead of mine on e85, getting the bigger turbos so I’ll find out how that goes.
My initial tune with bigger turbos will be something like 550whp and same with torque then I will adjust depending how the car drives.
I’m more interested in a different power band with more kick at the end. I mean, even now the car has tremendous pick up but these current turbos have their limitations.

·
Registered
12 Posts
the only way to hit 600whp will be with race fuel on upgraded turbos and all of the available fuel system parts upgraded. when the big bore pump and larger injectors from nostrum/ams are available, then 600whp will be possible with full E85.

right now, the RT turbos are maxed out at E50 at 21psi I’d boost around 540whp/570wtrq.

go up to E85 and 23-24psi of boost and 600whp becomes doable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
175 Posts
I’m trying to figure out how AMS got to 600whp on 93. That’s why I said they must really have turned up the boost on those upgraded turbos.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I’m trying to figure out how AMS got to 600whp on 93. That’s why I said they must really have turned up the boost on those upgraded turbos.

not sure where you saw anything about 93 octane and 600whp.

torque, btw, is where these engines are unreal

·
Registered
175 Posts
not sure where you saw anything about 93 octane and 600whp.

torque, btw, is where these engines are unreal

There has been some talk of that’s where AMS topped out on 93. Personally I don’t care, e85 works fine for me
Yeah, torque is crazy and I’m speaking from experience and with bigger turbos it’s going to be just plain insane.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I talked to them and 93 pump with 600rwhp was what they told me was doable. I have yet to see anyone on R/T Turbos go past 550 hp. Anyone have that dyno chart? Is it on there insta page? This is the best I’ve seen.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpsuHHvnPfg/

Reactions: JohnInNH

·
Registered
175 Posts
I’m not sure how R/T runs out of fuel at 20 psi on e85!....tuning on e85 is tricky but still
AMS does an e85 tune for 500whp only ....if they had the 800whp in the bag, as in Alpha car, well I’m sure they would go for at least 600whp lol
AMS is also taking forever to get the new turbo upgrades done....hmmm I wonder why! Maybe the turbos on the Alpha car are not the same as the ones they are trying to bring to the market?

I admire and applaud all these companies for coming up with great products but something doesn’t add up with AMSs numbers compared to R/T.

181 - 200 of 255 Posts