Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there and welcome,

Just wondering, is there a tune available for the Q50 3.5 V6 Hybrid?
If so what are the technicalities of the tune?

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
This thread didn't really seem to go anywhere, but I just wanted to throw my hat in the ring as far as interest goes. I know it's likely a different ball game with hybrids, but I had an UpRev on the HR for my Z and would love to be able to get more out of the hybrid, especially as the bolt-ons go on.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'd like to see this too. There's definitely potential for this platform to compete with 400hp cars with a tune of this caliber.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm interested, as well. Just got a brand new free transmission, and an throwing an '18 rear and front bumper on my '14 and run it for another 100k miles! Lol...I'd love to see if someone cracked the hybrid and made anything of it!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi there and welcome,

Just wondering, is there a tune available for the Q50 3.5 V6 Hybrid?
If so what are the technicalities of the tune?

Thanks!
So recently i've been poking around at this topic because i'm looking to squeeze a little more power out of my car. I stumbled upon this website claiming to have a tune for 30 extra hp and 60 more NM of torque.

Seems like a reputable site but I didn't go through the trouble of making an account to look at how any of it works. Also haven't seen any reviews, but if any of you curious folk want to check it out, here's the link:

I keep reading about how no one can find any tune for our cars so I can't really verify the credibility of the company's claims, but if someone checks it out and finds it works, then it looks like these guys have solved the mystery lol.

·
Registered
2016 Hybrid 3.5 SportTech RWD
555 Posts
There is one tuning shop in Germany that offers a file for the Hybrid – with slightly upgrading power and torque plus reset of high speed limit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looks like both places above are using AlienTech software. Never heard of it but maybe it's what is needed. Seems like a European system

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
There is one tuning shop in Germany that offers a file for the Hybrid – with slightly upgrading power and torque plus reset of high speed limit.
Hmmm. Interesting. Nice little bump. Alle Getriebe? Do they offer a manual there? I'd doubt it.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
9,309 Posts
Hmmm. Interesting. Nice little bump. Alle Getriebe? Do they offer a manual there? I'd doubt it.
What that is saying in German is the chip tuner will work on all (alle) transmissions (getriebe) of the Q50. A manual tranny is available on European and South American Q50 2.1 L base models.

·
Registered
555 Posts
They (surprisingly) offer tunes just for the Hybrid version, so it's (even in Europe) only automatic. It's a misleading presentation because the fill in frame is the same for all requests and all cars.

If you look up the 2.0 t or the 2.1 Diesel (e.g. both in Mercedes-Benz C 250) you find offers for that engine and (manual) tranny too.

·
Registered
555 Posts

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
What that is saying in German is the chip tuner will work on all (alle) transmissions (getriebe) of the Q50. A manual tranny is available on European and South American Q50 2.1 L base models.
I understand that. The page in question specifically mentioned hybrids and only hybrids. That is why I posed the question.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts