Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
I must not be in the "know", because I never saw anything actually from Infiniti that the release was going to be July. I always saw Summer 2013. :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
One dark cloud: Conventional wisdom says don't buy the first year of a new model.
It's an attitude that has a strong backer. Jake Fisher, head of auto testing at respected Consumer Reports, says the magazine's database shows that first-year models almost invariably have the most problems and the worst resale value.
meh

·
Registered
160 Posts
"The top model, Q50S hybrid with all-wheel drive, starts at $49,055 and tops out at $57,355 with all factory options."

Where in the world did he get this info from? As far as I've known, a fully-equipped hybrid AWD tops out close to $55k, not $57.3k. Did I miss something?

·
Registered
143 Posts
If you add the bright finish wheels on top of deluxe tech and nav you can go to $57K

There are some lighting and spoiler items that can get you further up

One on the units listed on cars.com is over $59k so I am figuring the mats and mud flaps were added on top of everything mentioned above

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Yeah, I don't know where that guy wrote the article get his information from. But when you go to Infiniti Q50 build site:
Starting price of Q50 AWD hybrid = $45,750 + $905 destination charge
Fully loaded Q50S AWD hyrbird = $54,550 + $905 destination charge

"The top model, Q50S hybrid with all-wheel drive, starts at $49,055 and tops out at $57,355 with all factory options."

Where in the world did he get this info from? As far as I've known, a fully-equipped hybrid AWD tops out close to $55k, not $57.3k. Did I miss something?

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
To be fair, I+1, the build site isn't aware of all the little options like illuminated kickplates, cargo nets and other pricey dealer addons. However, I'd love them to show some fairness and max out an IS350 or *gasp* a 335is. Just for lulz, I loaded literally the most expensive package, option, and service onto a 335is including metallic paint and a roof rack. Behold:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Notice the article mention factory option. But, if he mention additional of dealer option, then it is fair. Anyway, the article is so poorly written.

To be fair, I+1, the build site isn't aware of all the little options like illuminated kickplates, cargo nets and other pricey dealer addons.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Yeah, if I really want to let my grammar nazi out, look at these little gems from that hacked-together garbage article:

"More useful day-to-day is what Infiniti calls In Tuition"

"how far ahead you want the front-collision to scan" <-- what is this I don't even

"The advance sign-up was announced at the New York International Auto Show", should be preorder. Infiniti never called it advance sign-up.

"when a vehicle's brand new", when a vehicle's brand new what, brand new tires ship? Big no-no in reporting, using potentially confusing conjunctions. I don't even think "vehicle is" can be conjoined to "vehicle's".

Example: My computer's hard drive. (possessive, hard drive belongs to computer)
My computer's brand new. (fail, computer + is doesn't equal computer's)

Oh, and I almost overlooked the unsubstantiated claim that Infiniti said the car would be out sooner than announced. All along corporate has said Summer 2013, not maybe June, not maybe July.

·
Registered
76 Posts
To be fair, I+1, the build site isn't aware of all the little options like illuminated kickplates, cargo nets and other pricey dealer addons. However, I'd love them to show some fairness and max out an IS350 or *gasp* a 335is. Just for lulz, I loaded literally the most expensive package, option, and service onto a 335is including metallic paint and a roof rack. Behold:
Dude, there will be no doubt that a fully loaded 335I with M-package can be supper expensive. My gut feelling is that it will exceed $60k, like the audi S5 and S4 do ~~~~
Bimmer has one of the most expensive option choices in this class.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.