Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up the Q50 hybrid last night and didn't have time to go through the manual yet. We got home from the dealer kind of late. I did put a USB drive in the car. Each time I turn the car off, then turn it back on, it starts to play the same couple of songs.

I did check "All Random", but it keeps playing the same two songs. How can I stop this behavior?

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Just picked up the Q50 hybrid last night and didn't have time to go through the manual yet. We got home from the dealer kind of late. I did put a USB drive in the car. Each time I turn the car off, then turn it back on, it starts to play the same couple of songs.

I did check "All Random", but it keeps playing the same two songs. How can I stop this behavior?
From steering wheel control (left side) change the the song next, next, next and it should work-

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
It's an Intouch bug when you check "All Random". They kind of fixed it in the software update. Your Q50 need the software update; if not, your Intouch will freezes. So, take your Q50 back to your dealer and ask for the software update. That's suck your dealer did not update your Q50 software when you took delivery.

Reactions: Q50Aggie

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Wow, they sold you a Q50 with the old inTouch software?? What a crappy dealership. That new software has been out for almost a month now.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's an Intouch bug when you check "All Random". They kind of fixed it in the software update. Your Q50 need the software update; if not, your Intouch will freezes. So, take your Q50 back to your dealer and ask for the software update. That's suck your dealer did not update your Q50 software when you took delivery.
Thanks for the reply. This was driving me crazy (pun intended). I will take it to the dealer to get it fixed.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Even with the current software update, "All Random" still doesn't work properly every time you turn on the car. It's still default back to that very damm same song when it play the next song. At least the software update does not freeze Intouch. I have to select any song from my songs list so it play the real next random song.
I already report his bug to Infiniti, hopefully it will be fix on the next big software update.

Thanks for the reply. This was driving me crazy (pun intended). I will take it to the dealer to get it fixed.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, they sold you a Q50 with the old inTouch software?? What a crappy dealership. That new software has been out for almost a month now.
Actually, it's a very good dealership. This is my third vehicle purchased from them. I was looking for a specific vehicle and the salesman found it at another dealership about 50 miles away so he did a dealer trade and brought it up for me the next day. He must have assumed that the update was done at the previous dealer.

I did call to make an appointment a few minutes ago and the service rep said that they are expecting a newer update later today.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Even with the current software update, "All Random" still doesn't work properly every time you turn on the car. It's still default back to that very damm same song when it play the next song. At least the software update does not freeze Intouch. I have to select any song from my songs list so it play the real next random song.
I already report his bug to Infiniti, hopefully it will be fix on the next big software update.
Agreed, I+1. I have to do the exact same thing, or else once it finishes the song it was playing the time I shut the car down, it will go to the same **** random sequence. Very frustrating, but as you stated, they did seem to squash the random "freeze" bug.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.