Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have identified the bug in the inTouch system that causes USB music to lock up and cause the message "Checking USB disk" and "Communication error". I have duplicated this using five different USB disks and it happens every time.

Here is how to find the bug:

1) Insert any USB flash drive that has music files on it into the port in the center console.

2) Switch to USB in the Audio screen.

3) Swipe to the right (or tap the > button) to access the second screen which has the "Play Mode".

4) Switch Play Mode to "All Random"

5) You will be able to successfully use the steering wheel buttons to change files/tracks using the "All Random" play mode.

6) Do not change any additional settings in the Audio screen. Turn off the car.

7) Turn the car back on. (The audio screen will remain on "All Random" play mode.)

8) Attempting to use the steering wheel buttons to change files/tracks will switch the track back to the very first file on the USB disk. Repeatedly pushing the steering wheel toggle switch to change files/tracks will simply freeze the system and the system will keep going back to the first file. Eventually, you will see a "Checking USB disk" and "Communication Error" message.

9) To ensure you are able to successfully use the "All Random" play mode, you MUST switch the mode back to "All Repeat" play mode before you turn your Q50 off. Alternatively, you can just never use the "All Random" play mode until a fix is included in a future software release.

Video will be coming soon to demonstrate this. I am also sending this to Consumer Affairs and my dealership to pass along to the engineers (who concluded these lockups were due to 3 corrupt files on my USB disk!)

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would appreciate if a few others would test this and let me know if you can reproduce the bug according to my steps.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I'll test mine when I get home and report back.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Funny, I came to the same conclussion this weekend, but I don't use the steering wheel controls, I just use the hard buton under the intouch screen. Also, you do not have to go to that second screen to change the play mode. The symbol for the play mode is right on the first USB screen where it shows what song you are listening to. You just press that and each time you press the little symbol it changes between random all, random folder, no random, etc.
Also, when you do play your usb audio in random all, it is not randomizing it each time. It does jump around your files, but it jumps around in the exact same order every time. Aggie, see if you notice that too and if so, add that bug to the engineers' list.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Funny, I came to the same conclussion this weekend, but I don't use the steering wheel controls, I just use the hard buton under the intouch screen. Also, you do not have to go to that second screen to change the play mode. The symbol for the play mode is right on the first USB screen where it shows what song you are listening to. You just press that and each time you press the little symbol it changes between random all, random folder, no random, etc.
Also, when you do play your usb audio in random all, it is not randomizing it each time. It does jump around your files, but it jumps around in the exact same order every time. Aggie, see if you notice that too and if so, add that bug to the engineers' list.
Yes, I knew about the symbol, but I figured for this instruction purpose, it is easier to explain how to get to All Random rather than explaining what the symbol looks like. Yes, I also noticed it does the same random listing every time.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Finally got my car back, yay :)
Playing usb mp3 file with "All Random" is definitely a bug as Q50Aggie had mention. It does happen to my car, also.
Luckily, I can just select "foler list" and select any song from the list and everything work back to normal, even at random. Once I turn the car off and back on again, I had to do this everytime.
This bug definitely need to report to Infiniti and get it fix.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Also what is really really weird is that there have been files that I have since deleted off my USB flash drive, But yet the q50 still plays them somehow after I put the USB flash drive back in the q. This leads me to believe that when you put in a USB drive, it copies the music over to some sort of hard drive but never checks to Update. Very frustrating because I deleted some music I don't like anymore but my q50 still plays it!!!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Mine seem to be ok. I tried by deleting 2 mp3 file from my usb flash drive.
Now, I no longer see them listed when I go to the "folder list".

Also what is really really weird is that there have been files that I have since deleted off my USB flash drive, But yet the q50 still plays them somehow after I put the USB flash drive back in the q. This leads me to believe that when you put in a USB drive, it copies the music over to some sort of hard drive but never checks to Update. Very frustrating because I deleted some music I don't like anymore but my q50 still plays it!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.