Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the **** is the point of linking my user profile to my key if when i sit in the car, i still have to hit the **** button near my gearbox twice to get to the personal driver modes? what a freaking joke!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
What the **** is the point of linking my user profile to my key if when i sit in the car, i still have to hit the **** button near my gearbox twice to get to the personal driver modes? what a freaking joke!!!!!
What's your Q50 configuration? any pics?

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Q50 premium All wheel drive, touring package, and the 19 inch wheel package
Q50 always defaults to standard setting anytime you restart the car and hitting the mode switch twice is normal for personal setting. That's the way it is for now?

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
You're right! The 1/2 second it takes to push the switch to Personal is a waste of my time - I could be taking an extra breath then. If I get in my car twice a day, that's an entire minute of my life wasted every two months. What was Infiniti thinking???:eek::D

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
You're right! The 1/2 second it takes to push the switch to Personal is a waste of my time - I could be taking an extra breath then. If I get in my car twice a day, that's an entire minute of my life wasted every two months. What was Infiniti thinking???:eek::D
How about if the driver was given the option to either retain the last setting, or revert to default.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It pisses me off everytime. There should be an option to retain all settings. Even items that are suppose to retain settings do not... I have the heated stearing wheel on auto and i need to manually turn it on everytime.

I miss my G37 AWD S!

·
Registered
585 Posts
It pisses me off everytime.
A wise man once said "It is better to be pissed off than to be pissed on"

Even items that are suppose to retain settings do not... I have the heated stearing wheel on auto and i need to manually turn it on everytime.
According to the manual, it will only turn on if a certain temperature is reached.

. Steering Heater Auto Settings (if so
equipped)
The automatic control mode for steer-
ing-wheel heating can be turned on/off.
When this item is turned on, the
steering-wheel heating will turn on
automatically if the temperature inside
the vehicle compartment is low at the
time when the ignition switch is turned
on. Regardless of the temperature, the
steering-wheel heating will turn off
after 30 minutes.
If the steering-wheel heater is turned
on/off manually by touching [Steering
Heater] on the CLIMATE screen, the
automatic steering heating control
mode will be canceled and will return
to the manual mode.

What it doesn't state is what "low" is. My guess is that your car hasn't reached "low" and that is why you have to turn yours on manually.

I did check with my wife on this (she drives the car more on weekdays where it would be cold early in the morning). She said that the automatic heated steering wheel definitely worked for her on a couple of days when the temp dropped below freezing.

StevetheTech, any way you can find out what the low temperature is?

I miss my G37 AWD S!
I'll be honest, I'm not familiar with the G37. Does it allow you to change the driver mode? Does it remember that setting? Does it tie the setting to the remote?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Is there a listing anywhere of which all settings are personalized per key ?

I don't recall seeing one in the owners manual.
Didn't know one could click that mode twice, so thank you.

·
Registered
585 Posts
How about if the driver was given the option to either retain the last setting, or revert to default.
I think it would take longer to respond to the prompt on the screen than it would to simply select the Driver Mode.

·
Registered
585 Posts
While looking for an answer to Abatra's question, I found this:

The Intelligent Key is always communicating
with the vehicle as it receives radio
waves. The Intelligent Key system transmits
weak radio waves. Environmental
conditions may interfere with the operation
of the Intelligent Key system under the
following operating conditions.
. When operating near a location where
strong radio waves are transmitted,
such as a TV tower, power station and
broadcasting station.
. When in possession of wireless equip-
ment, such as a cellular telephone,
transceiver, and CB radio.
. When the Intelligent Key is in contact
with or covered by metallic materials.
. When any type of radio wave remote
control is used nearby.
. When the Intelligent Key is placed near
an electric appliance such as a perso-
nal computer.
. When the vehicle is parked near a
parking meter.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Is there a listing anywhere of which all settings are personalized per key ?

I don't recall seeing one in the owners manual.
Didn't know one could click that mode twice, so thank you.
Page 3-14

LOG-IN FUNCTION
After setting up the user information, the
system will automatically recognize the
user upon turning on the vehicle.
There will be a personalized welcome
greeting and screen prompt to log-in.
This feature allows 4 drivers to use their
own registration, drive mode, driving position,
air conditioner, and auto settings and
memorizes these custom settings.
The log-in user can be changed on the
welcome greeting screen or the User List
screen. For more details, see the Infiniti
InTouch Owner’s Manual.
The log-in function is linked to the following
items:
. Meter
. Audio
. Navigation system display (if so
equipped)
. Navigation settings (if so equipped)
. Air conditioner
. Automatic drive positioner (if so
equipped)
. Engine·Transmission
. Steering
. Active trace control
. Driver assistance (if so equipped)

·
Registered
585 Posts
would be nice if the key fob assigned to the driver would have memory seat.
It does if you have the right add-on package. There are packages that have the memory seat (there is a button on the driver's side door that allows you to select which setting), and it will tie into a key.

From what I can tell, memory seats (Dual occupant memory system for driver's seat, mirrors and steering wheel settings, linked to individual Intelligent Keys) are only available on the Hybrid model with the Deluxe Technology Package on the the non-hybrid with the Deluxe Touring Package.

This has been discussed extensively in other threads, and it has been stated that this is something that has to be ordered from the factory and cannot be installed by a dealer.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the point is not where on the importance scale it is for some of your smart ass answer (for the guy who told me the half second is so long and he could breath in that 1/2 second)..the point is the it was advertised to do it and it doesn't...the point is that this along with a bunch of other stuff was supposed to work in one manner and it doesn't work how they said it was going to or misled the consumer...

so thank you for the fact that you can take two breaths for the two times you breath instead doing it...way to defend Infiniti when on this car they have clearly screwed up...i have two other infiniti's that i have loved and they over sold this car to what it could do...

·
Registered
585 Posts
the point is the it was advertised to do it and it doesn't...the point is that this along with a bunch of other stuff was supposed to work in one manner and it doesn't work how they said it was going to or misled the consume
I challenge you to find one place - advertisement, technical manual, whatever - where Infiniti promised you that the Drive Mode would be saved to a key. Just because you assume something, doesn't mean it should be provided.

It is clearly not specified in the manual (try reading it - lots of good information in there).

Where else where you misled?

As has already been pointed out - you are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Reactions: rpiotro
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.