Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

141 - 151 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hello

I just got my 2018 Q50 RS last night. Great car.

Im trying to get my mirrortap to work with my V1. But not sure which color to connect it to?? I tried the Black and Orange that are together in the middle, but it didnt work. I think it could have been that my leads wasnt all the way in, I tried pushing the black one in. But it broke. :(

I ordered new one, will be here next year.

Anyone know if that is the correct wires to use??

Thanks!!

Merry Holdiays yall

·
Registered
9 Posts
In most states, radar detectors are legal, however they are illegal in DC and /virginia. I gre up in the DC area and I used to have to remove the suction mount when driving in VA and DC.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello

I just got my 2018 Q50 RS last night. Great car.

Im trying to get my mirrortap to work with my V1. But not sure which color to connect it to?? I tried the Black and Orange that are together in the middle, but it didnt work. I think it could have been that my leads wasnt all the way in, I tried pushing the black one in. But it broke. :(

I ordered new one, will be here next year.

Anyone know if that is the correct wires to use??

Thanks!!

Merry Holdiays yall
Did you figure this out? Trying to install on my 2018 RS and seeing many more wires/colors than previously discussed in this thread.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Interestingly, my 2018 RS connector has different wire arrangement than the one you're showing here. In any case, I think I figured out the wires to tap and broke the pin for my black wire while trying to snug it in. That's what I get for buying the ebay cheap-o cable (worth a shot for only $8). I think I might just hard wire to the fuse box instead. The R3 has buttons on top and doesn't fit so well under the rear view mirror - might do better in the upper corner by the A-pillar.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sorry to revive an old thread, i searched and read though most of them and realized our q50 mirror got different color cables, which wires should i tap into

top row left side driver : black, beige, blank, gray

Bottom row left side passenger:
brown, gray, pink, brown

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
9,743 Posts
I believe you insert the lead for 12 VDC into the top row gray wire and the lead for ground into the top row black wire.

Reactions: Aiexbadboy

·
Registered
34 Posts
thanks avedis will try that when i get the parts

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
9,743 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts