Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I've received numerous inquiries regarding how 20" wheels would look on the Q50 without it being lowered. Fortunate enough, I had a local customer looking for wheels but did not want to lower it do to these huge speed bumps in his appartment complex.

Wheel Specs:
Velgen Wheels VMB8 Matte Gunmetal
Front/Rear: 20x9 All Around

Tire Specs:
Achilles ATR Sport
245/35/20

[/URL[URL=http://s1312.photobucket.com/user/moonlightv36/media/null_zps8d5f1302.jpg.html][/URL[URL=http://s1312.photobucket.com/user/moonlightv36/media/null_zps8918a5f2.jpg.html][/URL[URL=http://s1312.photobucket.com/user/moonlightv36/media/null_zps145a3c17.jpg.html]

!!!Photo Shoot Coming Soon!!!

Reactions: IRadi8 and gbert15

·
Registered
236 Posts
**** looks good! would the 20x10.5 for rear fit?

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
**** looks good! would the 20x10.5 for rear fit?
Should be but u would either need lower profile tires or stretched ones depending on offset!

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
13 Posts
Debating on the VMB5s in 19s or 20s in the on the car... Kind of wanted to keep them the same size so that I can rotate the tires. (I guess I'm a cheap ass). Is there an big difference in ride quality going to a 19 or 20 from the factory 17s?

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
platinum , why would it look any different with the 10.5 rear if the 275 30 tire is used ? Same circumference isn't it? that does have a nice look without lowering.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Debating on the VMB5s in 19s or 20s in the on the car... Kind of wanted to keep them the same size so that I can rotate the tires. (I guess I'm a cheap ass). Is there an big difference in ride quality going to a 19 or 20 from the factory 17s?
Judging by the last name, should I assume another filipino in the community? :D

Yes there will be a difference in the ride quality but nit sure how much! Inwould assume a lot because of the big difference in side wall and wheel weight(well depending on the weight on the wheels u get a t least)! If u want a square set up thats doesnt hurt the pockets as much, there are the newly released SSR GTV Series! There are some volk wheels too that should be nice! U can always search for used wheels as well locally, ebay or forums like Zilvia.net!

Hope that helps!

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
platinum , why would it look any different with the 10.5 rear if the 275 30 tire is used ? Same circumference isn't it? that does have a nice look without lowering.
Probably looking for a cheaper alternative! Cheaper wheels, cheaper tires, and u can rotate the tires all the way around! :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Gbert, yes sir I am! Hope you didn't have any family hurt in the typhoon this past week. That was awful... My parents had some friends they are trying to get a hold of to no avail... I actually found a site that sells the Velgens for right around my price range a set of 19s for 1450 shipped or the 20s at 1600 on howeyindustries.com. The have a couple of yelp reviews and I did talk to someone over the phone... Reason I like the Velgens is because they look so much like the old g35 sport rims... Those are my favorite. I am going to look into the SSRs you suggested. The 19s tires are more expensive and the wheels are on back order for 2 weeks. The 20s are in stock and the tires are cheaper. Man, I'm torn...

Reactions: gbert15

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Gbert, yes sir I am! Hope you didn't have any family hurt in the typhoon this past week. That was awful... My parents had some friends they are trying to get a hold of to no avail... I actually found a site that sells the Velgens for right around my price range a set of 19s for 1450 shipped or the 20s at 1600 on howeyindustries.com. The have a couple of yelp reviews and I did talk to someone over the phone... Reason I like the Velgens is because they look so much like the old g35 sport rims... Those are my favorite. I am going to look into the SSRs you suggested. The 19s tires are more expensive and the wheels are on back order for 2 weeks. The 20s are in stock and the tires are cheaper. Man, I'm torn...
Nice nice! Yea, i think my mom and dads provice was basically at the center of the storm! Namely Cebu and Northern Samar! Havent heard from then yet! Maybe parents called relatives over the weekend to see how they are!

Actually just go hit Platinumv37 for your Velgen Wheel needs man! Im sure you'll be glad u did! ;) I hear u on the tires man! I actually like the look of 20" wheels but I also like the comfort of the 19s! Was thinking of 19s but wanted to get a step lip so I have to go 20s since 19s look like 18s with step lip! Just gonna go less aggressive this time around and put on beefy tires to cushion better! Gonna place my order today and will hopefully wheels will arrive by Jan or Feb! ;)

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I appreciate both staggered and square setups. I decided to show the 20x9 +35 setup with a 245/35/20 because most people that want to keep there vehicle at factory height prefer it do to the fact the 10.5's in the rear stick out a little. This is easily taken care of with a moderate aftermarket spring drop but again this is meant for those who want to stay at factory height and don't want that aggressive wheel size poking out the rear. Other benefits to the 20x9 all around are the tire rotations and cheaper cost of smaller wheels and tires.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the 20s actually fill up the wheel well nice. doesnt look like it needs to be lowered (too much lol)
I'm extremely happy with the outcome of the 20x9 all around. Customer was super happy as well.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wheel Decisions

Thanks for the comments and options shared. will P/U the car next week and trying to get the wheel and tire decision finalized so i can order. not certain on how the lowering will work with the AWD but willing to try. only concern on the staggered 20's is the potential for the "gap " at the rear prior to lowering. that is why i had questioned the potential for a taller rear tire.

thanks again hope to be sporting the Q next week

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just lowered Sebastian's car with a set of BC Racing BR Type Coilovers. I'll take final pics asap as it got dark when I was finished last night.

Reactions: elite
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.