Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the looks of the car and the performance. It is a 2019 in superb shape with 20k miles.

Stock suspension.
I swapped out the runflats for some conventional tires, tires to 35psi.
I emptied everything out of everywhere.

Running on the highway in rougher patches results in the dash, door panels, and roof console vibrating and rattling for miles at a time. It is so damn annoying. I'm taking it in for warranty work on this issue next week. It rattles like a cheap Chevy rental. It's embarassing. It's enough to make me consider selling it. It angers the blood.

I can't be the only one. How do y'all do it?

·
Registered
118 Posts
No rattle from my Q60RS, less then 2k miles though

·
Registered
2016 Hybrid 3.5 SportTech RWD
1,038 Posts
Sounds weird and definitely not normal! Did you buy the car new? If not, do you know the history of it? Did it have an accident? Are your wheels (exactly) balanced?

I also had some noise in my (then new) Q50: First there was a door panel rattle from the beginning, the dealer installed some insulation mats on warranty. Got better, but not perfect (bass!). After two years I heard another rattle, this time under the roof liner – turned out as a loose antenna cable, which was also fixed on warranty. But overall nothing like described...

·
Registered
St. Louis, MO
447 Posts
Your complaint is rare...don't remember anyone even mentioning it on the forum for the past 1 1/2 years I have been on here.

My 2018 - no buzzing or rattling (55k miles). Some wind noise from my rear passenger side window where a broken window was replaced. I would bring it back to the person who fixed it, but that was me!

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
13,833 Posts
No rattling or buzzing in my 2018 except when I have sunglasses in the sunglasses holder and haven't wrapped them in cloth.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I like the looks of the car and the performance. It is a 2019 in superb shape with 20k miles.

Stock suspension.

Running on the highway in rougher patches results in the dash, door panels, and roof console vibrating and rattling for miles at a time. It is so damn annoying. I'm taking it in for warranty work on this issue next week. It rattles like a cheap Chevy rental. It's embarassing. It's enough to make me consider selling it. It angers the blood.

2017 Q50, 42,000 miles. No rattles of any kind.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Sounds weird and definitely not normal! Did you buy the car new? If not, do you know the history of it? Did it have an accident? Are your wheels (exactly) balanced?

I also had some noise in my (then new) Q50: First there was a door panel rattle from the beginning, the dealer installed some insulation mats on warranty. Got better, but not perfect (bass!). After two years I heard another rattle, this time under the roof liner – turned out as a loose antenna cable, which was also fixed on warranty. But overall nothing like described...
Bass rattle in the door panels is likely from the covers behind the door handles. Pull them and add a little foam, easy diy.

·
Registered
667 Posts
2018 SS 51k miles, no rattles and I’ve even disassembled the dash to install a SmartAuto Kit.

·
Premium Member
2018 Q50 Red Sport 400 AWD
5,379 Posts
I suspect the OP has all sorts of loose **** in the various storage spots that is making noise, or he has some hellacious roads. My 2018 is quiet except for my loose **** rattling about. Or it's my brass balls.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Just to add had a Q50 Luxe 41k miles no rattle as well

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Had an early production hybrid (11/2013). No squeaks or rattles. As has been suggested was there ever any collision damage?

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti Q50 RS400 AWD
218 Posts
Checking in with my 2017, no rattles aside from stuff in storage panels. Even with my Alpine Type R in the trunk.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
2017 70k miles. Not a single rattle, super tight.

·
Premium Member
Infiniti Q50 '17 Redsport, Dynamic Sunstone. Trunk Strong Arm struts. Red
190 Posts
Best compliment I've received about my Q50 was how solid and safe feeling it was. From my wifes girlfriend.

·
Registered
475 Posts
When we traded the wife's '19SS at 20k, it had only ever had exactly one rattle. Took me an embarrassing amount of time to find it... turned out to be her sunglasses up in the holder. Our roads are ****, but that cabin only made noise when the sun went down.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Q50RS Pro
143 Posts
No rattles here. Just squeaking when I rub my prosthetic against the side of the lower centre console. LoL

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,889 Posts

Stock suspension.

LOL try a GT-R then to hear a lot of weird noises! Sounds like fishing poles sliding around under the car from the dual clutch.

My Q is smoother and very well mannered in comparison. Wind noise is my biggest complaint with the Q.

35 PSI cold is a lot. IMHO. If you are running 255's or larger reduce the PSI. AWD I run 32 front and 29-30 rear with 255's. I may even lower it a bit more.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts