Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you heard vibrating sound from your Q50 interior when you driving on a bumpy road or when a hard hitting bass from playing music, it is most likely orginate from the seat belt retention area. What I do is put a soft thin piece of material between the gap. (see pic)
You can tell if your is making the sound by tapping on the seat belt retention area. If it felt loose and sound like 2 plastic hitting each other, than you will most likely have the vibrating sound. If it felt tight when you tap it and don't hear any sound, than your is good.
If you skill enough, you probably can open the panel and work from the inside to stop the vibrating sound.
I wonder if most Q50 (or all) suffer from this or just only me.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Hmmm....for me i hear a vibrating sound when braking and it sounds like the metal in the seatbelt hitting something and jiggling! Maybe thats my problem as well! Thanks for letting us know about this! Im gonna check mine!

·
Registered
151 Posts
If you heard vibrating sound from your Q50 interior when you driving on a bumpy road or when a hard hitting bass from playing music, it is most likely orginate from the seat belt retention area. What I do is put a soft thin piece of material between the gap. (see pic)
You can tell if your is making the sound by tapping on the seat belt retention area. If it felt loose and sound like 2 plastic hitting each other, than you will most likely have the vibrating sound. If it felt tight when you tap it and don't hear any sound, than your is good.
If you skill enough, you probably can open the panel and work from the inside to stop the vibrating sound.
I wonder if most Q50 (or all) suffer from this or just only me.
I do hear a vibrating sound when driving over bumps but I figured it was just my sunglasses in the holder and/or my wife's pair in the glovebox. I'll have to check out this suggestion just to see if this is actually the problem...

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I do hear a vibrating sound when driving over bumps but I figured it was just my sunglasses in the holder and/or my wife's pair in the glovebox. I'll have to check out this suggestion just to see if this is actually the problem...
Check something else. I have not noticed any rattles or odd noises, EXCEPT for a "buzzing" type of rattle when going over a hard bump. When I slightly pushed up on the moonroof cover when going over bumps, the sound didn't happen. I don't know whether that could be fixed, but it's only annoying sometimes when I think that it shouldn't happen.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've noticed a vibrating sound when shutting the driver door and when driving over bumps, but haven't been able to isolate the source. I thought it was the stuff I had in the glove box, but even after emptying it, I was still hearing it. I'll have to check this out. I think I first noticed the noise after someone sat in the passenger seat and wore the seat belt, so it's very possible I have the same problem. Thanks!

·
Registered
407 Posts
I've noticed a vibrating sound when shutting the driver door and when driving over bumps, but haven't been able to isolate the source. I thought it was the stuff I had in the glove box, but even after emptying it, I was still hearing it. I'll have to check this out. I think I first noticed the noise after someone sat in the passenger seat and wore the seat belt, so it's very possible I have the same problem. Thanks!
Have you checked with any dealers to see if they know what it might be, they might have ran into it, you never know

·
Registered
60 Posts
Have you checked with any dealers to see if they know what it might be, they might have ran into it, you never know
I was going to bring it up with my dealer at my first service visit. I will probably schedule an appointment for the software fix soon and will mention it then.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes I have the same issue too. It feels like a car with a sound system and no Dynamat. It is annoying. I will check to see if this is the correct item you are talking about. My service advisor has a Q50S too so ill ask his input.

·
Registered
1 Posts
@ InfinitiPlusOne...

i have the same issue as yours and its really annoying but when i took it to dealer they said its normal and can't fix it i hate to drive my car now the noise is annoying... i really need to fix it..

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just do like I did. Put a soft foam between the gap. It work great for me.
It felt more like a luxury car now without those vibrating sound.
My dealer say the same, they don't hear the sound when they test drive my car. The problem is the road at my dealer is so smooth it hard for them to duplicate the sound.

@ InfinitiPlusOne...

i have the same issue as yours and its really annoying but when i took it to dealer they said its normal and can't fix it i hate to drive my car now the noise is annoying... i really need to fix it..

·
Registered
181 Posts
I hear some noice from front, it comes and goes, it sounds like a tiny bearing squeel. First I've thought it is a wind noice but it does it even when I stop. I didn't trace it yet and I haven't heard it before, (this is the first time I drove without a stereo on) so I don't know, but I think it is new. I might stop at a dealer later on, for now it is just annoying and I can avoiding with a radio on. But not good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.