Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All,

Been lurking in the shadows here for a few years and am now the owner of a 2021 RS400 RWD, so the modifications begin :) I started with a 2015 Luxe, then got a 2019 S. Love these cars. A couple weeks ago I installed the FI CBE. The quality and sound are fantastic, but I have been getting a rattling sound from the passenger side near the crossmember (possibly a foot or so more towards the rear of the car). I reread the installation instructions, removed the exhaust from the car and reinstalled it in hopes that I had seated something incorrectly and that was causing the issue. However, that is not the case.

Does anyone have experience with this? I'm thinking it could be a shield in the transmission tunnel or maybe the center pipe is making contact with the crossmember. Any ideas on how I could mitigate this rattling sound would be greatly appreciated. TIA

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
14,702 Posts
Hello All,

Been lurking in the shadows here for a few years and am now the owner of a 2021 Q50 RS400 RWD, so the modifications begin :) I started with a 2015 Luxe, then got a 2019 Q50S. Love these cars. A couple weeks ago I installed the FI CBE. The quality and sound are fantastic, but I have been getting a rattling sound from the passenger side near the crossmember (possibly a foot or so more towards the rear of the car). I reread the installation instructions, removed the exhaust from the car and reinstalled it in hopes that I had seated something incorrectly and that was causing the issue. However, that is not the case.

Does anyone have experience with this? I'm thinking it could be a shield in the transmission tunnel or maybe the center pipe is making contact with the crossmember. Any ideas on how I could mitigate this rattling sound would be greatly appreciated. TIA
I had to install the spacers that FI supplies which provide clearance between the cross brace and the X-pipe. This is typically where the rattle comes from if the X-pipe is touching the cross brace.

Reactions: Kraken

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Avedis53,

The supplied metal spacers you mentioned have been installed. I will get the car in the air sometime this week to see if additional spacing for the crossmember is required or if the issue is originating from another location. Updates will be shared as they become available. Anyone with additional info please chime in.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I had to use my own ss washers as spacers. I don't remember seeing any spacers supplied with the kit. I'm curious what they were - anybody have pics?

·
Super Moderator
3,378 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Thanks. Not the best pic, but I appreciate the attempt. I need to go back into the stash and see if I completely missed those being included with the hardware in the kit.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The hardware being discussed is located in a box that's about 24" x 18" x 4" inside the main box the mufflers came in. Here are the instructions for anyone's reference

·
Registered
82 Posts
Mine kept slipping off so I had them welded to the exhaust system with no vibrations or issues since.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bought longer bolts and additional 1/4” washers. Issue resolved.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Reactions: Kraken
1 - 10 of 10 Posts