Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
You have to understand that there are an enormous number of people who will believe anything they see on the Internet. (How do you think Trump was elected, and still has followers? LOL) Please think about what you are doing to our society before you type.;)
Your tears sustain me. Way to fit the stereotype. You couldn't just leave that line out could you?

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Your tears sustain me. Way to fit the stereotype. You couldn't just leave that line out could you?

You're right, I should have left out that line. With the passing of President Bush, I was just reminded of the difference between what a President should be and Trump. Bush understood, and stated, that a person he disagreed with was his opponent, not his enemy - something Trump and too many Trumpists don't understand. Sorry to get your undies in an uproar.

I fit the stereotype? What stereotype? If you think I'm liberal or a Democrat, you're way off base. I am fiscally very conservative, and I believe having the government not telling me how to live to also be conservative, though the radical right would consider me to be socially liberal. Living in Tennessee, I don't have to register a party, and I vote for candidates because of who they are, not what party they belong to. I will tell you that it is depressing to see real Republicans like my own state's Bob Corker leaving the Senate, instead of being there to counter the dishonesty and narcissism of our President.

Sorry to bring up the politics, but I wanted you to know who I really am, and not have you or anyone else assume to know my preferences, simply because you disagree with something I said.

O.K., back to cars.

·
Registered
2014 3.7, 14 Hybrid S, 17 Silver sport, 17 Red Sport, now 18 Signature.
1,862 Posts

You're right, I should have left out that line. With the passing of President Bush, I was just reminded of the difference between what a President should be and Trump. Bush understood, and stated, that a person he disagreed with was his opponent, not his enemy - something Trump and too many Trumpists don't understand. Sorry to get your undies in an uproar.

I fit the stereotype? What stereotype? If you think I'm liberal or a Democrat, you're way off base. I am fiscally very conservative, and I believe having the government not telling me how to live to also be conservative, though the radical right would consider me to be socially liberal. Living in Tennessee, I don't have to register a party, and I vote for candidates because of who they are, not what party they belong to. I will tell you that it is depressing to see real Republicans like my own state's Bob Corker leaving the Senate, instead of being there to counter the dishonesty and narcissism of our President.

Sorry to bring up the politics, but I wanted you to know who I really am, and not have you or anyone else assume to know my preferences, simply because you disagree with something I said.

O.K., back to cars.
Well said Salzini, in the last two years, things have gone upside down in our neck of the woods, hopefully we can go back and enjoy life as we once did.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I think bringing up politics here is totally inappropriate regardless of what your ideals are. There are plenty of places to voice your political opinions online, this is not one of them. Some emojis for intent:

:) :) :)

Reactions: eric618 and Ruxor

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,790 Posts
I think bringing up politics here is totally inappropriate regardless of what your ideals are. There are plenty of places to voice your political opinions online, this is not one of them. Some emojis for intent:

Agreed.

Reactions: Ruxor

·
Registered
130 Posts
The 18 RS400 stops itself, accelerates itself, and nearly keeps itself in the lane... Might as well watch a video while driving. :D

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Regarding Selzini's post, I think he was just suggesting that we ought not to jump to conclusions.

Anyhow, I'd like to see something like this. Not for watching videos and such, but I'd like Waze, Ecutek and Dragy on my main screen, instead of having to attach a phone holder to my windshield.

·
Registered
5,649 Posts

What type of fool brings up Politics in a forum about cars!.....Don't look at my historic posts. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Everyone,
This is my first post, just got my CPO Q50 sport about 2 weeks ago and loving it. One thing that bothered me, as it seems it does with most people is the nav is kind of, well, outdated and slow. Me being a software designer, wanted stream lined and faster, a.k.a Waze. Not wanting to spend ridiculous money on what people are calling the Prestige mod, or purchasing a Android mod or Phoenix radio (although they are quite awesome), I didnt want to spend a ridiculous price at almost $500 to just get video to play while driving.

Low and behold I found a solution, actually two. If people are interested in the solution, PM me. I will explain the setup of the rest.

Essentially, and I know I'm not the first nor last to do this, my setup goes like this:

Chromecast hooked up to HDMI to RCA converter. Output RCA wires then has YELLOW going to car directly, RED and WHITE go to audio 3.5mm jack and to car directly. Power for Chromecast and HDMI converter powered off of the 2 USB plugs in console. My phone (S8+) established as WIFI hotspot and Chromecast connects to that to do screen casting.

As most know, the thorn in this setup is video wont play unless car is parked, BOOOOO. But I figured it out and man was it easy. Shame on all the people trying to charge hundreds of dollars for solutions with wiring harnesses and mod boxes and ridiculous other things. As one of my software teachers said once, KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid).

So in any case, hope you guys find it interesting and let me know if you want to know how. I really want to charge at least $5 bucks for this, but not sure if I will do that. Putting myself through school is expensive LOL, especially with this car :)

Future things working on:
Custom switch panel hidden in dash which will run all accessories
OBDII reader hoooked into dash using two way mirror glass on windshield with pico projector to project HUD display of speed, directions, torque, RPM, etc...
LED grill emblems on front and rear
Carbon dash kit already on order and awaiting arrival
LED under glows in cabin under all seats hooked into garage door opener buttons on visor (the LED module uses RF signal which was perfect for the garage buttons to change the colors :) )
so what’s the fix?

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,790 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Hybrid 3.5 SportTech RWD
942 Posts
so what’s the fix?
Present yourself to the forum, say hello to the community, read yourself through all the postings, ask the right questions and help other forumists, if you can...

And: Put in the details of your car into your signature! 😄

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
What was the fix though if you dont mind. I am trying to figure it out for my use and it’s annoying.
There's a wire you snip on the back of the unit. It only worked until you put the car in drive though.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts