Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The new hybrid sedan Infiniti Q50 debuted in Detroit and will soon be premiered in Europe at the Geneva Auto Show.

Descendant of the former G-Class for the brand, it launches the second generation of Direct Response Hybrid technology (as well as gasoline and diesel 4-cylinders) tested by Sebastien Buemi in the video below on the legendary Nurburgring race-track.

For the record, the Infiniti Q50 Hybrid focuses on performance with its 3.5l V6 engine coupled to a seven-speed automatic gearbox for a combined output of 360hp.

As its design announces, aerodynamics is not left behind with a drag coefficient of only 0.26...

In this new generation of hybrid powertrain, the electric motor is used more efficiently and there is no torque converter, it comes in directly from electric motor to the rear wheels! "No compromise"

Infiniti | (VIDEO) Sebastien Buemi tests the Infiniti Q50 on the Nurburgring | Hybrid cars, green vehicles, electric bike: TechnologicVehicles.com, showroom and news

http://www.technologicvehicles.com/.../video-sebastien-buemi-tests-the-infiniti-q50

·
Registered
28 Posts
I see " 2nd generation". Is this the same system in the M35h? I've read mixed reviews on that car. In the one review when they compare the M to the systems in the Lexus and Porsche, they mentioned the Infiniti system was harsh.

·
Registered
59 Posts
In this new generation of hybrid powertrain, the electric motor is used more efficiently and there is no torque converter, it comes in directly from electric motor to the rear wheels! "No compromise"
^ to me that line means a lot, power loss sucks and it happened way too often before, finally it can be reduced greatly and even eliminated!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts