Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'll be calling my local vinyl wrap place for a quote tomorrow, possibly make an appointment as well if they dont charge me an outrageous price.

What do you guys think i should wrap the chrome window trim in, like the topic stated, either matte black or gloss black. I'm leaning towards gloss black as it'll match the gloss on the B pillar, thought it'd be kind of weird if i had the chrome trim matte black, then have gloss black in between the front and back windows.

I've also got the two chrome arches in the back matte black right now, and will probably do the from chrome trim in matte black as well eventually.

Would love to hear some inputs from you guys!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Gloss black in my opinion will be best, matte might make it look too dead.
Some people also apply window tint to chrome to give it a black chrome effect, you might want to try that

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Id go gloss for the same reason afrosheen mentioned!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The first location I called quoted 380 + tax for both sides wrapped in 3M gloss black.. kind of steep, I heard places down in the states have done G37 sedans for under 250.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I saw those on instagram! Made an appointment next friday for my windows to be done gloss black, they quoted me 250+ tax, and then 75 + tax for the chrome surrounding the grill, although i kind of like the idea of the chrome surrounding the grill being matte black... any inputs on that? fyi my rear two chrome arches are matte black right now.

·
Registered
573 Posts
These pictures are inspiring me. I'm placing an order for gloss black 3M 1080 soon as I'd like the look better than the slightly textured plasti dip at this point. The dip proved I'd like the look, now time to invest one of my days to get the wrap on. I'm thinking gloss for all front, back, sides and leave the emblem on the front grill as chrome.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im thinkin matte front back and gloss sides right now, matte will be done with plastidip so if i really wanted to i could go all gloss around eventually. i found that if you heat the cans up in hot water it changes the texture of the dip to a much smoother finish.

·
Registered
185 Posts
im thinkin matte front back and gloss sides right now, matte will be done with plastidip so if i really wanted to i could go all gloss around eventually. i found that if you heat the cans up in hot water it changes the texture of the dip to a much smoother finish.
Correct. But I would be careful with getting the contents too warm, messing with its consistency on application.

Would be ideal if the environment you are spraying in is warm as well. The instructions on the dip can specifically state "for best results avoid direct sunlight, high humidity, or breezy conditions"
I had applied it twice on my Altima, 1st time during the warm spring weather, it went on and dried very smooth. The 2nd time was during the fall and the application was a bit bumpy and textured. Warming the cans up in warm water helped but since the compressed dip is cool when sprayed, the cold weather only makes it worse.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
The front grille looks dope, not sure how I feel about the rear though, valence though is a must!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.