Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

A buddy of mine has a new viper remote start system that even has an app to start the car. I remember the old school viper. On my old impala it fried the ECU - has anyone installed one or had any issues ? I have a ‘15. Last year before it came stock FML.

FYI I know some cars are kind of set up for it where it’s “plug and play” but to my knowledge our cars the tech would have to cut into wiring harnesses and that’s what worries me god forbid it destroys something else on the car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys,

A buddy of mine has a new viper remote start system that even has an app to start the car. I remember the old school viper. On my old impala it fried the ECU - has anyone installed one or had any issues ? I have a ‘15. Last year before it came stock FML.

FYI I know some cars are kind of set up for it where it’s “plug and play” but to my knowledge our cars the tech would have to cut into wiring harnesses and that’s what worries me god forbid it destroys something else on the car.
I got viper SmartStart installed on my 2014 Q50s a few years ago. It worked great for a while. About a year ago, the navigation stopped loading whenever I use the remote start. I can’t figure out a way to make it come back without turning the car off for a few minutes. I have not been successful with getting anyone from viper to respond to my questions.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Huge thread about this elsewhere. I have it in my 2015 DS4+ with smart start pro. GET A CERTIFIED INSTALLER, the 2015 can be tricky. Once they get it going it works fine.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Huge thread about this elsewhere. I have it in my 2015 DS4+ with smart start pro. GET A CERTIFIED INSTALLER, the 2015 can be tricky. Once they get it going it works fine.
Thanks for this. Do you have the plug by chance ? Search didn’t work

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got viper SmartStart installed on my 2014 Q50s a few years ago. It worked great for a while. About a year ago, the navigation stopped loading whenever I use the remote start. I can’t figure out a way to make it come back without turning the car off for a few minutes. I have not been successful with getting anyone from viper to respond to my questions.
Bro this is what I worry about. Ugh. How is it now , still ****** up?

·
Registered
663 Posts
I think that might have to do with intelligent key settings the module shows up as a different key/user, if you turn off the intelligent key/user it wont be an issue, not sure about the navigation though, I've never seen that one before.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Speaking of which, how do you know who’s even “certified” lol. All makes and models are diff I’m sure with wiring

·
Registered
663 Posts
Speaking of which, how do you know who’s even “certified” lol. All makes and models are diff I’m sure with wiring
Go to the viper website and search for a certified installer in your area.

·
Registered
176 Posts
What's the best way to get a deal on a Viper Remote Start system. Their website just directs you to a dealer without any indication of price.

·
Registered
663 Posts
What's the best way to get a deal on a Viper Remote Start system. Their website just directs you to a dealer without any indication of price.
You have to call the installer and talk pricing.

·
Registered
176 Posts
You have to call the installer and talk pricing.
Bummer.

At least I have 2 dealers close by that are on Vipers list of installers. One did my last radio install in my G20 and I really liked them, but they aren't "certified". The other is.

Thanks!

·
Registered
663 Posts
They ended up charging me what the units cost retail, I paid cash so they didn't charge tax or installation. I'm pretty sure they get the equipment cheaper than retail.

It took them almost an entire day to get my 2015 Q working right. They had issues with weird error messages and such. Since they were certified, they were able to reach out to other installers with Q50 experience and get it working right. I also had a 3G and recently a LTE module fail, they replaced them free of charge and had me out of the shop in less than 30 minutes both times. I also had my car in for service and they messed up the module somehow, went back to the installer and they re-programmed it at no charge.

That's why I strongly suggest you go to a certified installer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts