Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I think there is an issue with the voice command for temperature setting.

when the voice key is pressed i say "temperature 79" it replies it back and says it is set to the temperature. but after prompt ends display still reads the original temperature setting.

Any thoughts?

also this car you cant make a voice command to adjust the fan speed for the climate control. pretty lame.
these request can be easily done on Ford, Acura, and others

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I didn't know you can set temperature by voice command. I'm going to give it a try.
Even though the Q50 have many voice commands, but I do wish they have even more voice commands to do many other function. It's much safer to do voice command that using the touchscreen.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Ha! Same here! Only use it for navigation and radio! Good to know! :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have messed with it a little bit, it's actually more trouble and takes longer than it is to just hit the hard temp buttons to your desired temp.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Funny thing is, they had this feature on early G37's. Starting with 2010 or 2011 they really watered down the available voice commands (for safety reasons? not sure)

Would be nice if they are putting them back in.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I have messed with it a little bit, it's actually more trouble and takes longer than it is to just hit the hard temp buttons to your desired temp.
Yeah, it seems like way more trouble to do so (compared to the other audio functions) and I can only think of one or two farfetched scenarios where it would come in handy but---I don't want to take it for granted. It's a very interesting feature.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
list of most voice commands on q50

call (then say name or number)
send text
read text
weather
traffic
temperature(then say 60-90)
radio station 660 am , 100.3fm, 40xm
navigation : where am i?
nearby (bank, atm, gas station, food) (POI)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
The temperature voice command work fine on mine.
I kind of like it. I'll use it when there are passenger in the car just to show off :)
But, I still prefer the physical button.

Soprano13, check to make sure you got the latest Intouch software update.

Reactions: CarolinaQ50

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Latest is 2.7.0646. It's under the App Garage --> Information (I think).
If the last 3 digit is lower, than you don't have the latest update.
You have to go to the dealer for the update.

what is the latest software? and if I dont have it can I avoid going to the dealer?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.